Walk

It was the day everyone had been waiting for in the village.

The day that a select few feared and prayed would never come.

The day that could very well be someone's last.

The trial of Naruto Uzumaki v. The Village Hidden in the Leafs was today.

The streets were packed full of people. Some marching and chanting for his death. Others waiting near the village center where the trial would be held.

Shops were selling merchandise about the trial, mostly against the young man in question. Although, being the day of the trial, many were closed and the owners already on their way to watch the out come.

In the area where the trial would be held, there was a large wooden platform. A strange pole in the middle of it, and two chairs that looked almost like thrones a small distance away from it. There was a big area of elevated benches. The closest to the pole meant for the council and the rest for the powerful clans.

Seals are scattered all around the village, meant to project the sound of the trial through them, so even the people not able to be there, or weren't close, would know what was happening.

Normally a trial like this would be hidden and only a few could enter the building it was in. This was quickly off the table when over half the village petitioned for it to be a public trial. All wanting to see the conviction of the criminal scum in person.

The trial was to start at 9:30 am, it was currently 8:30 and the entire area and several blocks surrounding the center were packed full. All the clans already seated and the council sitting with stoic looks on their faces.

The council was both the civilian and ninja council. No matter how much the ninja council said it was none of the civilian councils business, they forced their way into it. Saying it was 'a matter the whole village had to be involved in.'

However, there were a few that didn't want to be involved at all.

They were the ones who called themselves Naruto's friends.

They chose not to sit with their clans. Instead deciding to sit together on a small corner of the benches. All of them with a shadow crossing their faces as they thought of what could happen to Naruto.

The one of the few not back there was a young Hyuga girl. She was with her clan, sitting in the very front and closer to the trial than the rest. She was directly behind the council. Sitting behind Inoichi of the Yamanaka clan.  Her face was deeply sad, the remains of tears on her cheeks.

Suddenly the crowd parted. A small crew carrying two royal carriages walked down the walkway, the crowd closing behind them. The chatter long gone as they approached the wooden platform.

The crunch of their shoes on the dirt covered road filled the air. Once on the platform the carriages were set down and the carriers stood in attention next to them. At this, all the people on benches stood.

The first one's dark curtains parted and out stepped a man wearing white robes, accented in black. The symbol of fire on his back in a bright red. He walked stoically to the first throne and sat. Looking ahead without waver.

Once he was sat down, the second carriage's curtains opened and out stepped a feminine figure covered in white robes and a hat with a red portion that had the fire symbol on it. A much more modest outfit in comparison. She walked over and sat in the other throne, taking her hat and set it on her lap, revealing yellow hair in a ponytail.

After both were seated, the carriers bowed, the crowd following suit. After bowing for five seconds, everyone stood up straight and sat down if they could.