Scars

The crowd was dead silent.

"See, you can feel the lack of surprise, they have known for a long time. Hell, I bet there are plenty of traveling merchants that know what is in me. It was the worst kept S class secret in shinobi history. I was the only one who was never supposed to know, and yet it effected my life the most." The blond spoke in a bitter tone.

Tsunade had her eyes wide open, h-how did this happen. This was supposed to be he most guarded secret in the village, yet everyone knew about it.

"I've lived with their glares my whole life, their whispering and staring. Parents telling their kids to keep their distance from me because I'm a so called monster." Many of the people Naruto's age gasped as they realized it was true, their parents did say and do that all the time.

"I see, thank you for enlightening us on this subject. You gave me far more information than I ever imagined I would," The Daimyo bowed his head slightly to Naruto.

Tsunade was avoiding looking at Naruto at all costs now, knowing full and well he was looking at her. She had failed him on so many levels lately and she could barely handle it.

There was a long silence as everyone absorbed the information.

The silence was broken by a sigh, "Well, I guess if no one else wants to go, I'll give it a shot." A bored voice spoke. The man had three deep scars on his face and his black hair was in a pineapple ponytail.

Shikaku Nara was about to take the floor.

This was a dangerous man to be questioned by, he was a brilliant man. He was known for his strategy and high IQ. In trials, he was a force to fear. He always had a way of making people slip up and expose their secrets. He never asked questions this early on, he was usually the finisher. The one to put the last nail in the coffin.

The fact he was already questioning, was unsettling for everyone present.

Well, almost everyone.

"Very well, you have the floor Mr. Nara." The Daimyo motioned to the space in front of the defendant.

"Mr. Uzumaki, mind if I call you that?"

"I prefer Naruto, but you are in charge right now, you can call me what you want."

"Alright Naruto, I must say what you have done already with the questioning is amazing. I really do appreciate someone who is well prepared and not scared to standup for himself."

"Trust me sir, I'm nowhere near prepared, I'm just well informed." Naruto meets the strategist's eyes. A small smirk on his face.

He shrugs,"Either way, you have done an amazing job at defending yourself so far. Especially when you are given the short stick." He mumbles the last part so only Naruto can hear.

The blond simply nods his head.

"Now, Naruto, I am inclined to believe that you have read the report extensively, or at least more than most people here. Am I correct?" He straightened up a little.

"Yes, although beating most people here wouldn't be hard in that department, I have read it a lot and not to mention I lived it."

"Well, I would hope you lived it. Or else that would cause a lot of problems." He chuckles lightly.

This statement, as innocent as it seemed, did not go unnoticed by the people who knew the real story. 'What is he up to', was the thought running through most of their heads right now.

But Naruto didn't miss a beat. He let out a chuckle, "it sure would."

The chuckle turned to a coughing fit that added to the blood on the wood in front of him.