The Fighter

Sasuke decided to take the time he had to think. Walking around the village was one of the best ways for him to do that. It gave his body something to do while his mind worked.

His eyes were unfocused and loosely looked at he path in front of him as he strolled. Due to the chilling temperatures of the approaching winter, the streets became more and more vacant as the days passed. Tourism slowly coming to a halt as people began to hunker down for winter.

People preferred the indoors this time of year. The warmth of a fire and the hug of a  blanket was more inviting than the biting air with its chilled teeth.

The winds this time of year were also much more unforgiving. With the leafs mostly all fallen from their trees, the wind didn't have much to slow it down as it made its way through the village.

The pleasure of being inside, however, didn't stop people from being out side. Midday, when it was warmest, was usually pretty busy. It's hard to keep a lively village like this one all cooped up for long.

This was also a great time of year for training. It helped build up your fortitude to the elements, better your stealth abilities on the dry leafs, and several other things that this season allowed to be heightened. This was something, most ninja, would never pass up on to better themselves.

Some, as you can imagine, wanted to capitalize on this much more than others.

As Sasuke walked, he was so concentrated on his thoughts that he didn't notice the ruckus he was walking into until it was too late.

"Come on Lee, this weather is the perfect time to ramp up our efforts. Our training will become much more intense. Think you can handle it?" A confident voice asked.

"Of course Guy sensei! I was just thinking the same thing!" An equally confident and excited voice replied.

The moment he heard the voices, Sasuke looked up and his thinking mind was now clear as he stared at the people in front of him.

There stood Lee and Guy with Neji and Tenten close behind them. 

The first two were their usual green clad selves, not adding layers of clothes so they could make the most of the season.

The later two however weren't as devoted as those two. They were both in heavier clothing with thicker pants,  jackets, and Tenten had a scarf on.

"Come on guys we just got back from a mission, can we hold off with the training talk until after we report in?" Tenten groaned.

"Take this lesson to heart Tenten, any moment can be a training moment if you use it right." Guy explained.

"We already know this, Guy. You've told us several times since we've become your students." Neji butted in.

Guy crosses his arms, "Then I guess," he is cut off.

"That you didn't take it to heart if I have to repeat myself." Tenten mumbles in a sarcastic tone.

Sasuke mentally sighed as they continued to talk. He lowered his head and looked at the ground again and continued to try and think as he got closer to them. Though it took more effort to block them out than to think.

Lee turned to one of the two people behind him and Guy, "Neji, let us heat up this chilled village with the flames of our youth! A spar would be the perfect way to do that!"

"No."

"Why not?!"

"I don't want to."

Lee was about to continue to beg for a spar when a shadow passed in the corner of his eye. He turned and saw that it was Sasuke.