The Clan

"How much do you think he has changed?"

"I-I don't know, so much could have happened since he left."

"Do you think he has already left us in the dust? I haven't learned very much of anything new."

"Neither have I. I'm just better at what I've already known. I haven't even thought of working on anything new."

The two were sitting at Ichiraku ramen. They had just been given a mission from the Hokage to defend a village in the land of waves. This wasn't anything really new, the bigger concern was the lack of information.

All they had to go on was the location of the village, the fact it might be targeted by criminals, and that the village has a wall and militia to help defend.

Practically everything was an unknown.

However, even that wasn't what was eating away at them.

It was the fact that they were being put on a mission with their friend who was exiled or on a training trip, depending on who you asked.

He was the type of person always have surprises up his sleeves and in his pockets. He was also the type of person who could defy all logic and come out on top. He could learn things in incredible time and was known for having an iron will.

The friend is Naruto Uzumaki.

"Do you think he is resentful of us now that he has had time to think? Maybe he is going to put some of the blame on us now." Sasuke says as his mind begins to run rampant.

All the possibilities of what has happened are galloping through his head.

"Naruto resent you guys? Yeah right. If anything he is going to like you guys even more now that he has been away for a while."

The two turn and look at Ayame as she sets down the ramen the they ordered.

Sasuke takes a deep breath, his usual calm and neutral attitude returning as he takes the bowl, "I guess you are right. Besides, we won't know what's happened until we see him. I'm just letting the pressure of not improving get to me." Sasuke sighs as he takes a bite of the ramen.

"D-don't be so hard on yourself, we all run into a wall sometimes, we just have to find a way around it." Hinata smiles, "Oh! And thank you for the food!" She yelps before bowing and eating.

Teuchi walks in from the back, "By the way, you said it is in the land of the waves right?"

Sasuke swallows his ramen he had in his mouth, "Yeah, what about it."

"Oh nothing, I just was thinking about the first mission he went on out of the village. That was in the land of waves as well wasn't it?"

Sasuke nods, "It was. It turned out to be an A ranked mission."

"Hmph, talk about out of the frying pan into the fire." Teuchi said as he leaned against the counter.

"More like out of the freezer into the fire. We had to fight one of the legendary swordsmen of the Mist." Sasuke grumbles as he continues eating.

"That's right, Naruto said the swordsman and his companion in the end became allies righ?"

Sasuke shakes his head, "No, the companion died to protect his master from one of Kakashi's attacks. Then the swordsman helped us get rid of the thugs and the ring leader of a crime organization."

"Hm, well, it doesn't matter how it happened. I just know that after that mission, Naruto grew a lot. He found his ninja way and became even more determined, if that was even possible." Teuchi scoffed.