The Spar

Sharp, needle like teeth loosen their hold on the skin.

With the wind slowing to barely a breeze, the cold lost its previous bite.

But in the place of the beast's maw was another's  threatening and chilled hold on the necks of the spectators.

As if nature itself wanted to stand by and watch the brawl about to happen.

Powerful, glowing red eyes glared at joyful and excited black ones.

When the first move was made, the onlookers nearly missed it.

In an instant, Lee was behind Sasuke throwing a punch at the back of his head. The punch was intercepted by the arm of the target, his forearm catching the blow. The two hold like that.

Lee had a slightly baffled look on his face as he looked at the back of Sasuke's head.

Sasuke turned his head and looked back at Lee with one eye.

Lee could feel the eye, it was looking into his very soul.

He shook his head mentally before he spun around sent a kick at incredible speed to Sasuke's blind spot only for it to hit nothing but air.

The Uchiha had leaned forward, ducking under the blow as he pivoted so he was facing Lee again. His posture set up for defense, a sloppy one at that.

Lee used his momentum from the kick and pushed off with his other foot, using all of his body's weight as he hurled a punch at Sasuke's stomach.

The punch however was fake.

Lee feinted the punch and disappeared from Sasuke's front.

Tenten watched in confusion for a few moments, wondering where Lee went if he wasn't attacking right away.

Just as she was going to ask the others what was happening Sasuke spun around and grabbed the leg of Lee, who had sent a spinning kick at Sasuke's right side. He gripped the leg and spun Lee before tossing him at a tree.

Lee flipped mid air and pushed off of the tree, leaving dents in wood where he hit. He flew past Sasuke, narrowly missing the punch he was swinging. Lee rolled on the ground once before pushing up and jumping back at his opponent from the other direction.

Sasuke put up both his arms and blocked the kick that was about to hit him. A powerful thunk is heard from the foot meeting his arms.  Lee spins from the block, still in the air, and swings his other leg around at Sasuke.

Sasuke pushes on Lee's foot he blocked and sent him backwards.

Lee spins and lands in a low stance on the ground, his hands on the ground and the leg he tried to hit Sasuke with was stretched out to his side.

Lee grinned as he stared at Sasuke, "You definitely are keeping up much better than last time, but it seems you are still a bit slow."

Sasuke stared Lee down, a small scuff on his cheek from where Lee's foot grazed him. No words left his mouth as he watched Lee with his unsettling eyes.

"Nothing to say in your defense? No 'you just got lucky' or 'it was just a fluke'?" Lee asked as he straightens up, rolling his shoulders.

No response.

"What am I doing, this is a youthful fight to heat up this village! There is no time to talk!" He proclaimed as he rushed at Sasuke.

Sasuke put up a hand and caught Lee's fist, he shoved it to the direction of the other one that was swung immediately after the other. Lee's blocked arm hit his swinging arm and made it miss Sasuke completely.