Prison

"Did you really need to knock him out? After what he saw, he probably would have just done what you said."

"It was necessary, Lady Hokage, I know him better than any one." A masculine voice replied.

I keep my waking up a secret as I try to understand my situation with my eyes closed and body not moving. I'm laying on what I can only assume to be a bed. I assume because it feels like I'm laying on a wooden board with a rock for a pillow.

I feel cold metal on my ankles and wrists. My body itself feels heavy and I can tell my chakra network is disrupted.

All in all not the best way to wake up after finding out your village wants your head in a basket.

I decide to keep listening to the conversation before announcing my presence.

"Know him or not, proper protocol for an arrest states you can only cause physical harm if they are a danger to you. Now explain how he was a danger?" Tsunade says in a mother scolding a child way.

"I had to move him from one side of the village to the other, that would give him plenty of chances to come up with an escape plan. Additionally, carrying someone who is unconscious is easier and faster than guiding someone who is awake." The person who knocked me out replied robotically.

"Why are you acting like this? Normally you aren't this uptight."

"Because he is awake."

Shit, they already found me out. I raise my head and see Tsunade standing out side of my cell next to an ANBU who is wearing a dolphin mask. Both turned to look at me as I sit up.

I take some time to look around my cell. It had a toilet, sink, and a bed.

Wow, they sure know how to treat guests like royalty.

I look at my wrists and ankles to see shackles with chains leading to metal balls.

Seriously, I'm in a cage and they still feel a need to put these on me.

I look over at them with dead eyes, "I was a danger? I was a crying mess on the floor with my arms tied behind my back. You could have told me to jump off the building and land on my head and I would have done it." I say in a low tone.

"You could have easily change your mind, one second you were crying and the next you were taunting me."

"Admit you just knocked me out because I out smarted you and was able to escape. You were frustrated a genin was able to out do an ANBU."

"Don't you remember what I said before you passed out?" I nodded at him, vividly remembering him being proud of me,"It was the truth, now if you'll excuse me. Lady Hokage." He bows before disappearing in a plume of smoke and leafs.

Silence envelopes, Tsunade and I, as I stare her down. Of all he people to go behind my back, this one is hitting me the hardest. She was the closest thing to a mother I've ever had. Always there for me when she had the time. Skipping out on her responsibilities sometimes just to see me. Getting me gifts.

But she is just like everyone else.

"Come to make sure the criminal gets what he deserves?"

"Naruto, you know it's not like that."

"Do I?" My stare gets more intense. I lift my shirt to reveal the chakra disruption tags as well as some explosive tags covering my stomach.

"I came to explain some thi-"

"It's a bit late for that don't you think? You are supposed to fill someone in on something before they run into it. Especially when it is something as major as this. There is no way it simply 'slipped' your mind and everyone else that visited me."