dog [fluff]

dogs. the only "cute" creatures taylor couldn't stand at all. sure, they were cute to look at, from afar. but when they get close, they have no respect of personal space. they are all over you and they lick you and they are gross up close. and this is why she preferred cats.

cats don't get all over you and they don't lick you, they are too busy licking themselves you see, and they don't bother you plus they're cute as well!

taylor's life was great, she lived in a decent studio apartment in a good neighborhood in new york city, had two cat roommates and had a well paying job. until one day, she heard a bark. she swore she was hallucinating, but then she heard it again. it kept getting louder, like the beast was approaching her.

she continued walking to her apartment. she didn't stop or turn to look behind her. she should've, because what followed wouldn't have happened. a small hairy brown dog attacked from behind, making her fall face front on the floor. she screamed loudly before the dog was picked up. a slender hand was offered to her and she took it and stood back to her full height.

"i'm sorry, joe gets excited in new surroundings." the woman holding the dog apologised. she had never seen her in the building before. maybe she just moved in here?

taylor was ready to spit fire at the woman for being careless with her dog, but once she saw her face, all of her anger disappeared. she even considered petting the dog if that would please the girl. she was insanely tall and pretty. she had bright green eyes that sparkled every now and then, her tan skin was slick with sweat and hair was pulled back into a sweaty bun. she was dressed in some gym leggings and a sports bra, her abs were really shiny. really really shiny. she held her dog on a leash in her arms.

taylor kept gaping at the marvelous female in front of her, she completely missed what she was speaking.

"- -you're okay." the girl finishes.

"i'm sorry, what'd you say?" taylor is surprised she can even speak in front of her. she is so gorgeous.

"oh i was just asking if you're okay. you live on this floor?"

"yeah B15. you?" taylor secretly hoped she lived close by,

and she did.

"oh! i live in B4, we live across from each other!" the taller girl beamed.

amazing.

"that's great." taylor said. she was the new neighbor everyone was talking about, taylor hadn't had the chance to meet her yet. she wanted to get to know the girl, that included being around a dog. she thought, maybe she could handle a small dog if it meant getting close to some gorgeous specimen.

"i'm karlie, by the way." the girl extends her free hand and taylor accepts it gladly, touching her for the second time in the last few minutes.

"taylor."

"would you like to come in for a cup of coffee? as an apology for joe attacking you." karlie laughs. taylor then decided that this girl was sunshine in human form and her laugh was the best sound ever.

neither of them realised that they were going to be in each other's lives for the long run. taylor now looks back to that day and thanks the animal she hated so much, if it wasn't for the dog she would have never found the love of her life.

* * *