surprise!

Four years, Taylor and Karlie have been together for almost four years. The first two valentine's days had been exciting and filled with surprises for each other; the third one, which happens to be today, isn't really up to the mark.

And they don't mind, they both know how much they would kill for an uneventful quiet Wednesday wrapped around each other in Taylor's larger-than-necessary penthouse. And that's exactly what they planned on doing today.

Or atleast that's what Karlie thought they planned on doing.

Taylor, on the other hand, was planning on proposing to Karlie. They weren't out yet, but they would figure it out, they always do. And for once, Taylor felt completely positive and excited about something. Sure, there was a little inkling that Karlie might turn her down, but for the most part she knew that her girlfriend would say yes.

Taylor's couch had always been a favorite spot for the two to do practically everything. From playing board games to arguing to the point where they almost broke up, the couch had been the witness of it all. So, obviously, they were curled up on the couch on this particular Wednesday afternoon.

Karlie's lips on her neck were distracting, but not as much that it made Taylor completely forget about her plans for the night. It was perfectly planned out, her worrisome personality usually gave a great end result. They would have dinner on the terrace, Taylor would cook, they'd have a couple of  drinks and she would pop the question. Except the only problem was that, Taylor didn't have a ring yet. Taylor wanted it to be the most perfect ring ever. She contacted every major jeweler in the country and abroad; yet no ring seemed perfect enough for the being that Karlie was.

Finally, she contacted her trusted jeweler of many years, Neil Lane and ordered a custom diamond ring for Karlie. It was supposed to be ready for her today, but Taylor still hadn't received any information on it. Tree was put to the job to keep a track of it and she was pretty good at it, but it was in Taylor's veins to keep worrying about things.

Making out was fun, but not really when every part of your body is stressed and worried.

She felt Karlie's tongue stroking close to her jugular followed by a chuckle that vibrated across her skin, raising goosebumps as the feeling passed.

"What?"

"Nothing. This just feels very honeymoon phase-y and not been-dating-for-like-four-years." Karlie says against Taylor's collarbone.

"Well, literally everybody pretends they're in the honeymoon phase on this day so I think we're good." The shorter blonde replies as she places a kiss on top of Karlie's head.

She feels the younger girl hum against her skin, she loves that Karlie can make her feel this way. Usually couples lose that spark after a while but here they are, almost four years later and they're still somewhat in the honeymoon phase; even if Karlie might deny it.

The taller girl's hands slide underneath Taylor's sweater and her delicate fingers come in contact with the other girl's burning skin. One might think the older girl probably caught a fever, but it was all just Karlie's doing. Karlie trails her hands up higher and finally stops when she reaches Taylor's breasts, she cups them ever so slightly, making her girlfriend gasp before connecting their lips again. Their tongues meet and soon, everything feels like a blur to the older girl. Karlie was everywhere, her hands tracing every inch of skin on her torso, her mouth worshipping hers like she was the best she's ever had, and she really was.

An audible gasp exited Taylor's mouth when she heard her phone ring. It kind of brought her back to reality and she noticed how tangled up the two had become. Karlie was cupping her neck from underneath her sweater, she was not really sure how Karlie got into that position; her legs were securely wrapped around Karlie's waist and her hands were on the younger girl's shoulders. "Hold on, I need to get that."