Part 9

He parked the car in basement of the mall and came out along with her.To her surprise he took her hand in his while walking inside the mall looking straight ahead.

Khushi couldn't be more happier at this latest development.

She smiled tightening her hold on his hand as if to never let go.

If she wasn't that much engrossed in happiness of his act, she would've seen the smirk appearing on his face as soon as he felt her hold tighten on his hand, which he hid as soon as she glanced at him.

Khushi's POV

We entered a floor of the mall where no visitors were present and looking around I noticed that it contained all the shops of all the necessary items we need to buy for the wedding.I was confused because last time when I came here, it was so crowded even at night.Me and Amma had to head back without buying anything.It's not that we visited here more often.This was too expensive of a place for us but I wanted to buy something for Arnav as he was soon going to be back from London and this time forever.I used to sprint those days when I got a call from him that he was coming back after a month as his project was successfully completed.

I was over the moon then.I couldn't sleep that night due to ecstasy.But now , I let out a longing sigh peeking a glance at him.He has to come back before the decided time due to the mishap happened with me and partly due to my stupid suicide act.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't even hear that he was saying something to me.It was when he shook my shoulder then I reverted back to present and saw his exasperated expressions.

"Huh? Sorry I was just thinking something." I said swallowing.

He clenched his jaws before gritting out.

"Something like a new way to end your life?"

My breath caught up in her throat at his sarcasm.The little bit happiness I felt at him holding my hand vanished in an instant seeing him back to being angry.

But this time I didn't cry or showed weakness.

Instead I looked up to him and felt the corner of my eyes welling up.

"I was just...thinking how to...how to relieve your hurt." I croaked despite myself.

I saw him close his eyes once before opening them.

"Khushi... Don't bring that up right now. I don't want to create a scene here." He said making my heart sink.

"But Arnav.." other words stopped at my lips only seeing his deathly glare.

I couldn't help but plea to him.

"Don't glare at me Annar.I-It hurts.I don't want to be scared of you and right now you are doing nothing but freaking me out." I wrapped my arms around his waist softly and mumbled against resting my head on his chest.

"You yourself told me that I should never be scared of you and I never was until now.I don't want to be fearful please. Don't scare your Khush." I turned my head up right at the time when he swallowed past the lump and looked down at me with so much tenderness that I felt my inside churn with pain.

I wished it stay there forever, his softness..his love for me.

What he whispered next to me was my undoing.