Epilogue 2

6 months later

Arnav entered RM clearly in a foul mood. There was an important deal that was in the process of signing up for which he has to work till late and when he come back home to rest for a while he finds Khush always missing. He hasn't had a glimpse of her for a week and it was pissing him big time.She was too busy in her internship that she is on call most of the times and if she is not then he was either in his office or sleeping due to exhaustion.

"AASHNA! HARIPRAKASH!" He bellowed as soon as he set foot in the living room only to find them both coming out running from either corners of the mansion with a finger on their lips asking him to keep quiet.

"What the hell?" He growled.

Aashna shook her head.

"Khushi Mam is sleeping. She has come home to rest after 72 hours shift ASR."

His eyes lit up.

"She is home?"

She nodded.

He passed her his bag before taking long strides to stairs but stopped in the middle.

"Did she eat something?" He asked Ashna with his eyes full of concern.

"Yes. I made sure she did."

"Good. You will get triple the amount of your salary from now on." He said and ascended the stairs with a smile on his lips. All of his tiredness vanished as he neared their room and his nostrils recognized her scent lingering in the air even before entering.

He sighed leaning against the wall seeing his Khush sleeping on their bed clutching his pillow.

He knew she missed him too but their busy life was getting in the way.

She was caught up in her duties as a doctor and he .. well he was caught up in his business!

But that's how real life is

Isn't it?

Until she was studying they got a little bit time to spend with each other but ever since she started practicing they hardly could spend a couple of hours. The last time they had the opportunity to spend some time with each other was about 3 months ago when she took him to Sheesh Mahal on his parents death anniversary to make him face his past after years and surprisingly when he went there it didn't hurt him the way it did when his pain was so raw and fresh.His parents memories did come to him but having Khushi besides him gave him strength that he don't have to be afraid to face this anymore.

Upon that he and Khushi has spent a whole week there and the memories , the love that filled the air of that palace were too good to make him feel sad about that anymore.His parents would stay alive in his heart while he would have to live without them. He has learnt it long ago because of her. His Khush. Who was now his source of light , his life.

She always was

She will always be!

He sat besides her and was about to lean to her lips to drop a peck but a voice in his head stopped him.

You have to bath first Arnav Singh Raizada

One part of his brain said.

But she is sleeping

She won't know

The other reasoned.

Can you afford pissing off the lady of the house who would know anyways?!