Chapter Seven

-Ash's POV-

I look down at Jenna who happened to be asleep. I know watching her sleep is creepy, but I couldn't help but admire her.

I don't know what it was about her, maybe it was her milky brown hair that I wanted to run my fingers through while I kiss her. Or maybe it was her plump lips that I always seem to find myself staring at during the middle of the day.

No matter what it is I knew that I liked her. I pulled out a cigarette, Jenna seemed to grow fond to smoking. I remember when it was her first day and she gave me a disgusted look. She rarely gives me that look anymore.

I like her.

I like her a little to much. Sure I've dated people before. I dated Luke at one point, that obviously didn't work out. But Jenna gives me a sort of feeling, I don't really know how to describe it.

I pull out my lighter and cup my hand around the cigarette so it lights. I put it up to my mouth. Inhale. Exhale.

I felt her shiver. I didn't want her to wake, being that she doesn't sleep well in general. So I started to sing, I know it's a motherly thing, but I wanted to help her. I start quietly,

"You're writing lines about me, romantic poetry,

You're girl's got red in her cheeks, 'cause we're something she can't see."

Inhale. Exhale.

"And I try and refrain but you're stuck in my brain,"

I stroke her cheek,

"And all I do is cry and complain because second's not the same."

Inhale. Exhale.

"I'm sorry but I fell in love tonight,"

I started getting a little to into it.

-Jenna's POV-

I heard someone singing and I opened my eyes, I didn't move because I wanted to hear more.

"I didn't mean to fall in love tonight, you're looking like you fell in love tonight,"

I smiled, it was Ash. She had never told me she could sing. Well now that I think about it it wouldn't have been brought into conversation before.

"Could we pretend that we're in love?"

I had never heard this song before, she went to take another hit. "I didn't know you could sing," I said.

I assumed I scared her because she started coughing smoke. It reminded me of the night of the party when I first smoked.

"God Jenna, you scared me." I giggled and she placed a hand on her heart. I grab the cigarette from her other hand and took a hit.

She watched me. I started to blush and I exhaled. "I like how your cheeks get rosy when I look at you." I giggle and take another hit before handing it back. By now the cigarette was down to the nub, and she put it out.

"I mean I've sang since I was little, but I didn't think I was good," she twiddle with her fingers getting insecure. "No you're good, is that your own song?" She blushed, for once she was the one blushing. "Yeah."

"THAT WAS GREAT!" I yelled, I didn't have a reason to yell, I just did. I stood up and twirled around. I used to do this as a little kid when my dad would take me to the park. Before he left us for some skank.

"Let's go," I said because I was getting emotional, I was good at hiding my feelings, so Ash didn't notice.

-Ash's POV-

I got off the ground since Jenna was ready to go. I check my phone and it read '3:47'. "Shit schools already out, we slept for a while," she giggled at my statement and got on her bike. For some reason she had a dinosaur printed bike, I didn't know why, but it was cute.

I got on the handles of the bike and she started to pedal. I could feel the wind run through my hair, which was now shorter. My hair couldn't get in her face which is a good thing. I finally dyed my hair blue, I've been waiting forever to dye it.

I closed my eyes to enjoy this moment with Jenna. I open my eyes to find that we were already at my house. I wish the ride was longer, but it was a small town.

"I had fun today," I look at her and laugh at her statement.

"Even though you slept the whole time?" She giggled and I hugged her goodbye, "I'll see you tomorrow right?"

"Mmmm I don't know, I might just stay home," she looked upset, but I couldn't tell why. "Come to school for me?" I looked at her face and she was giving me puppy dog eyes. How could I resist that.

"Fine," the laughed and hugged me again and we exchanged our last goodbyes. I walk in to the house. I smell something sweet in the kitchen. I hadn't seen my family since Tuesday, which is the day before I dyed my hair.

Luke dyed it for me yesterday and I just slept at his house. I walk in the kitchen to see Theo getting something out of the fridge. I roll my eyes, just him getting stuff out of the fridge is annoying. I see a cake on the counter and put my finger in the icing to taste it.

I felt a burning sensation on my arm, he slapped it. "Don't touch that," I glare at him, "Shut up you prick!" He stands strait to try and intimidate me, I chuckle angrily, "Dad is going to kill you."

I could tell he meant because of my hair, I storm upstairs. I go to close my door, but before I closed it I yelled, "NOT BEFORE I KILL YOU!"

I plop on my bed and go on my phone, I see that I'm tagged in a photo by Jenna.

jennabean: She didn't know I took a picture ;) @ashleyfrangipane

Comments:
ashleyfrangipane: i'm a babe

I giggle and comment. She was too cute for my heart, I couldn't handle it. I put my phone down and get ready to take a shower. I hear a ding and go to my phone expecting it to be Jenna, but it was just Luke.

Luke: I need to tell you something

--
Sorry it took so long to update, I've been so stressed about school, and finals are coming up and eocs. I have an eoc right after lunch today and I'm super nervous. I hope you enjoyed the update! Thank you for reading -J