11.4K 136 42

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry it took me a while to update, but I was experiencing some minor  writer's block and of you read my Q&A you know how I handle it :) Thanks for being patient, enjoy! x

Matt's POV
Mary had fainted and Aaron lost his shit completely. Emma went to calm him down and I picked her up. Us driving to the hospital ourselves would be faster than just calling an ambulance so that's what we decided to do. I told everyone I'd drive, since I was surprisingly the calmest. We all got into the car and started to drive to the hospital near. I was in the driver's seat (obviously), Emma in the passenger's seat, and in the back was Aaron, Sara, and June in the back with Mary laying down on their laps. In the extra backseat it was...Nash, Taylor, and Bella.

We were on our way to the hospital when this huge truck came out of nowhere. It all happened so fast I didn't even see it coming. The car just went sideways and next thing I knew it I heard sirens. The first thing that came into my mind was Emma. I needed to see if she was okay. I tried to get up,but my entire body was in pain. All I could see was blood. I tried to say something, but everything started to turn black. I felt all the pain go away in like an instant. It wasn't me healing. I lost all consciousness within seconds.

•••

I woke up to about the brightest light I have ever seen in my entire life. I felt like I was moving. I was. I was on a gurney and I saw some nurses pushing me into the emergency room? "What's his name?" One of he nurses asked someone close to the gurnery. I couldn't really see who they were, but they were crying. "It's Matt." Her voice cracked. I knew it was Emma. I wish I had the strength to tell her everything would be okay. I know I would barely even see her, but it hurt to even hear her in pain. "Matt, stay with us okay?" A nurse asked me as we pulled into a slightly dark room. Spoke too soon, because a guy with a medical mask over his mouth shoved a bright light in my face. One of the nurses that pulled me in here injected me with I have no idea what, maybe some anesthesia. I slowly started to fall asleep without even knowing what they were doing to me.

•••

A few hours later, I woke up with a minor headahe in a hospital room. I turned my attention to a chair in the room and smiled seeing Emma asleep on it. I would have never survived all of this without her in my thoughts. I saw she slowly started to wake up and was so ready to just hug her to death. "Matt?" She asked trying to contain her joy. "In the flesh." I mumbled. She tackled me with a hug, and yes I was sort of in pain, but I was in the arms of the most amazing woman...How could I complain? "Oh gosh! I'm so sorry." She pulled away. "You scared the living bajeezus out of me Matty." She was almost in tears, but I quickly sat up and held her hand. "Hey, I'm okay alright? I'm right here and I am never going to leave you." I reassured her as she smiled. God, I loved that gorgeous smile of hers. I don't even know how these random thoughts about her come in my mind, but they just make me want to propose to her right then and there. Does that make sense?

•••

Emma and I just layed there with her cuddled to my side. Every moment with her felt like forever. I knew what was happening. I was in love with Emma. God, it feels so nice to say those words...well, think them. I can't wait to tell her...I won't now because it isn't exactly the best moment, but when I do it will be perfect, just like every moment we spend together. "Em?" I asked looking at her in my arms. "Did anyone else...you know...get hurt?" I almost mumbled. "Well...you were not the only one, but not everyone was hurt as bad as you except for Mar..." She looked at her hands and started to play with her fingers nervously. "Is she alright now though?" I asked hoping she'd be okay... "She's in surgery right now. She came in awake and even posted something on social media and was doing well, but out of nowhere she just went into unconsciousness and was pulled into the ER." I could see tears falling down onto her shirt from my angle. "Hey, she's going to be okay. She's a strong girl. I know she is. She has us all there for her." I reassured her while kissing her forehead. I hope she took what I said into thought. God, I pray Mary will be okay. Because if she is not I know this will all fall on me, because after all. I was driving...

•••

A/N: There you have it! Matt's POV 🙌🏻 If you want another one just tell me and your wish is my command :) Love you guys!! 💘 x

QOTD: What's your favorite book? I am loving the Maze Runner series at the moment. I'm only on the first book still, but it's great lol 😂🙌🏻