9.7K 139 104

Aaron's POV
When Mary told me we had lost the baby my entire world collapsed. When she didn't even reply to my proposal my heart broke. I could never stop loving her, but the pain of all of that happening at once is so much to bare. I'm probably being dramatic or overall a wimp, but I'm sort of insecure. I'm going out with this amazing woman and I feel like I don't deserve to be happy with her. Like, she deserves more than me. I've felt this way for so long, and I don't know if it'll ever go away. I'd hate to break-up with her, but if I keeo feeling this way and keeping her out of it, I'll make things worse. I'm sleeping in a seperate bed for God's sake. I'm hurting her. Me being this way is hurting her, and I don't want to hurt her, but I don't know if it'll ever stop. I needed to break-up with Mary. The scariest thought finally came to my mind. She's my everything, but love means sacrifice and I need to see if maybe not being with her will make it better. As horrific as that thought was, I needed to see.

I woke up and the scent of cinnamon filled my nose. I quickly brushed my teeth and walked out to see Mary cooking breakfast in the kitchen. She turned around and smiled at me. "Morning." She giggled a little. "Cute hair." She laughed at me. I found a mirror close to the breakfast bar and my hair was a mess. I slightly laughed along with her and fixed it. She put two plates beside eachother on the bar. She had made my favorite, french toast. "Mar you know I can just ea-" I started, but she cut me off. "No. We're eating together, and after we are talking. No questions asked." She demanded. I'd lie if I didn't think it was adorable how she ordered me around sometimes. I just shrugged and took my seat. We finished our breakfast and Mary directed me to the couch so we could talk. "I'm going to say something and you're going to listen, got it?" She said. I nodded not really getting at what was happening. "I really don't get what's going on with you right now. It's been a week and we live in the same apartment and I miss you. I miss you Aaron. You're right-" A tear slipped down her cheek. I was going to open my mouth, but she stopped me. "Just, let me finish." I nodded. "I love you. I don't know or understand what's going on in that weird head of yours, but I want to. I want to know what's going on. I care about us too much to lose you." She was already crying at this point. "I overheard you last night. In the bathroom, practicing how to break us Aaron. I'm glad I did because it opened my eyes. I'm not losing you. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever." She finished wiping all her tears away and staring me directly in the eyes. Oh fuck it I don't even care about what I said this morning. She just poured her heart out to me and I love her. I really love her. "I'm going to tell you, okay?" I said. She nodded and held my hands in hers as she scooted closer to me. I told her everything. Everything I'd thought about these past few days. Every word, every detail. Both of us were crying at this point. When I was done, she tackled me with a hug. I didn't hesitate to hug back. "Why didn't you tell me this before?" She said tightening the hug. "I don't kow. I'm sorry." I said into her shoulder. "Don't ever think that again. You deserve me, if anything I don't deserve you. You're the best boyfriend in the entire universe and I totally take you for granted." She let go, looking down at her fingers. I held her chin with my hand and stared into her beautiful eyes. "Don't ever say that. Don't ever believe that. Because you're perfect in my eyes, you always will be." I kissed her forehead and she smiled. "I wanted to ask you something." She said. "Shoot." I replied. She took something out of her pocket. I was surprised to see it was the engagement ring I proposed to her with. "What are you doing with that?" I laughed. "I was wondering if it was okay if I wore it..." She trailed off. I held both of her cheeks with my hands and kissed her. We pulled away and rested our foreheads on eachother. "Is that a yes?" I asked. "No, I'm wearing the ring just for the fun of it Aaron." She said sarcastically. I laughed. She was about to put it on, but I stopped her. "What?" She asked confused. "That's not how this works." I said smirking. I took her left hand and carefully slid the ring on her ring finger. It fit like a glove. She smilef looking at it and then looked at me. "I love it!" She wrapped her arms around my neck and I did the same with her waist. "I love you, fiancé." She giggled. "I love you more, future wife." This moment right here made me forget about everything I thought about before. I know, bipolar much Aaron? I don't care. This is my forever right here.

2 days later...

Mary went out to the gym and shopping with the girls and I decided to stay home and work on some music. She texted me and asked for me to get the mail. I walked downstairs and got into the mailroom. I found our box and opened it. We didn't get much mail her, mostly at our P.O. Box from fans. One letter fell out and I opened it right there. It was a picture of Mary. What? Not a normal picture. A picture of her in the morning on her run. What the hell? I turned the picture around and was shocked at what my eyes saw. A death threat, against her. It said: Stay away or she goes away. Break up with her by 12 tonight or else. I'll be watching. I didn't know what to do. Maybe it wasn't real. What if it was though? My phone buzzed from my back pocket and I put the letter with the rest of the mail and checked the text I got. It was from a blocked number. When I read the message I knew the threat was real. Someone was after Mary. Someone was after my Mary. I had to break up with her tonight. Why now? Gosh, we are finally happy again...The text read: I see you. Walk up to your apartment and plan a way to break-up. She's almost home. Tick tock. P.S.-In case you're wondering if this is real or not. Here's a pic of your fiancé at the mall today. They inserted a pic of Mary laughing with her friends. How would this person even know we were engaged "again". We didn't tell anyone except our closest family and friends. This is real. We have a stalker. A death threat. And I had to end things with her tonight. For her own good. I'm not going to let them hurt her. Not today, not ever.

•••

I did it. I broke up with her. She just ran out of the apartment crying and she's probably in her car driving to one of her friends house or something. I won't tell you how it happened because it was the most painful moment of my life. It sucked. I received another message from the blocked number. I sighed as I looked at it. "Good work Carpenter. We'll be a great team. Make sure to not call the po po or your friends go to. Fix that frown. This will be fun." My notifications started blowing up as I posted a picture about the break-up as did Mary. I don't know who was making me do this, or why they were threatening Mary. But when I find out. They're dead.

A/N: A death threat?! DAMN! 😭 Who do you think it is? You know Aaron loved Mary and he'd never break-up with her for real babes! ❤️ The book is almost ending :/ Don't worry!!!! There will be a sequel :) It'll be ending with a bang though hehe 😉

QOTD: What's your favorite vegetable? I LOVE ME SOME BROCCOLI 😂