10.6K 156 58

Mary's POV
I was on my way to my weekly pregnant yoga class when I felt a waking pain in my stomach. It was a pain like no other. I had never felt it before. It was coming from the one place that I wished hard it wouldn't, my stomach. I prayed to God the baby was okay. I prayed to God it'd be fine. I have no idea how long I was sucked into my thoughts, because what broke them was me screaming in pain in the middle of our living room. Aaron wasn't home, so obviously he didn't hear it. I suspected maybe the neighbors heard it, but it was unlikely since they were always asleep...they were some pretty weird people. I managed to get my phone from my purse that was on the counter and called Aaron. I let out a slight giggle at my contact name for him. It was simple, yet always made me smile when I looked at it. "candy bear" simple as that. Just the thought of him made me smile.

The phone rang for a few seconds and then I heard that sweet voice on the other end. "Hello?" Aaron's nephew Greyson asked adorablely on the phone. "Hi Greyson! It's Mary, is your uncle around?" I replied kindly. I loved Greyson. He was so cute, I mean, isn't he? "No, he's in the bathwoom. He's been in there for a while after I made him special pancakes." He responded letting out a small giggle knowing why and what Aaron was doing. "Okay sweetie, just tell him to call back okay?" I laughed a little too. Special pancakes? I'll probably hear about this later. "Okay. I wuv you, bye!" He said. "Bye hun, love you too!" With that, I hung up and decided to just get up and drive myself to the hospital. I slowly stood up walking through the pain. It was getting worse by the minute along with my worries. I decided to leave all negative thoughts behind and just focus on the positive. The baby is okay. YOU are okay. Everything will be fine. With that, I made my way downstairs to the garage where my car was located.

"Mar?" A familiar voice said as I got to my car. I turned around and saw Emma. I smiled at her as she walked up to me giving me a warm hug. That girl knew a thing or two about hugging. "Headed somewhere?" She asked me. "Yeah, not feeling too good. Thought I'd check on the baby and make sure everything is fine." I smiled through the pain. I don't know if I haven't said this enough, but this shit hurts like hell right now. "You need a ride? You don't seem to be in the condition to be driving." She looked at me sympathetically. It's like all my friends knew when I was in pain...that or I looked like complete shit...cause I felt like complete shit. "I wouldn't want to bother you-" I was about to say, but was interrupted by June walking out of Emma's car. "She's driving and I'm coming. No questions asked. I don't think any of us would like to put baby Maaron in danger, now would we?" June and Emma nodded in agreement, and I didn't protest anymore to their offer. I was too out of my head to even talk.

Emma got in the driver's seat, as June rode in the passenger's seat, and I rode in the middle of the backseat. The hospital was not too far from the apartment building (thank God), so it wasn't a long drive. We were almost there when I felt my phone vibrate. Excitement filled me hoping it was Aaron calling me back. I slightly frowned when I saw it was my sister, Eleanor. Don't get me wrong, I love our conversations, and when she calls from college...,but I need Aaron right now. I picked up and a very stressed Eleanor started to ramble to me about how annoying and stressful college is. I giggled at her normal stressed self. "El, you're studying professional writing, you know you'd have to actually write at some point, right?" I laughed at her ridiculousness. "Okay, but like I have zero ideas for these assignment. Can't she just give me a normal exam? No, I have to write a fucking 30,000 word story." She said sarcastically. As we both laughed at her remarks, Emma pulled into the hospital parking lot. "I gotta go El, I'll call you later." I said as I got out of the car carefully, as the aching pain continued. "Okay, let me know if the baby is okay. Love you, and see you to- I mean bye." She hung up before I could even say I love you too. See me tonight? She's in New York at school, how could she see me tonight? I decided to shake it off and just focus on getting rid of this terrible ass pain. We walked in with me in the middle, and June and Emma on my sides holding my arms reassuring me everything will be okay.