9.9K 132 15

Aaron's POV
She just ran out. I didn't get it. I thought we were happy. She was having our baby. It was like we were living in our own perfect bubble and no one or anything could pop it. I guess I was wrong. Looks like she popped it herself... I just froze. Time had stopped. I didn't know whether to be heartbroken or angry. I was both. Other than that, embarrassed.

Eleanor's POV
After Mary ran out everyone kind of just stood there. I don't understand why she'd react this way. I'd never seen anyone make Mary as happy as Aaron did. So, why would she just run out when he asked her to marry him? "Aaro-" Taylor rested his hand on Aaron's shoulder. Aaron just got up and made his way to a room. Not shortly after, we heard a slam. I felt so bad for the poor guy. He's been planning this for 2 weeks and was so nervous, yet we all reassured him she would say yes. We were pretty positive she would. "I thought you guys were distracting her? What happened?" Nash questioned June and Emma, as their role in the proposal was to keep Mary busy while we set this all up. "Trust me, we did. It just wasn't what we expected..." Emma trailed off. Something was wrong. There was a huge elephant in the room and only 2 people in the room had found it. "June? Hiding something?" I smirked at June noticing she was nervous. She was never a good liar. I was going to crack her at some point. "Look, we don't know why she reacted that way, but we do know something you don't. But, it's Mary's secret and we're not telling it because it's not our place." June said firmly as she sat down. Nash followed and put his arm around her in a comforting way. "She can't be far, we checked downstairs and her car is still there." Sara walked in with a worried look on her face. "She doesn't trust buses of taxi's and her phone is in her bag, which she left here, so she couldn't have called in uber." Matthew said. "She couldn't have gone far then." I stated the obvious. I started to think to myself. Where could she be? I may have been her little sister or whatever, but I was protective of her just as much as she was of me. Where would she go? Who was she hiding from? Or better yet what... I thought long and hard as over a million thing were juggling up in my head. It finally hit me. I knew where she was. And she knew I was the only one who knew. She knew I wouldn't tell. It was our place. "I'm going to go out and look for her." I lied. "We'll come with." Nash said about to stand up. "No, I'm good. I want to be alone if or when I find her." I didn't want to put any more discussion into the matter at hand. I grabbed my car keys and made my way downstairs to the garage. I ran to my car as soon as the 15 minutes of me figuring out where the hell I parked it passed. I got in an drove to Butterfly Gardens. It was Mary and I's secret spot. It's where we would gossip,play,and just do all the normal sister stuff. When we found it we promised to never tell anyone about it. It was between us and only us. It was actually a pretty long drive from her apartment building so I was surprised she walked all that way. I finally made it to the garden and started to look for Mary. I remembered this tree. This beautiful tree that looked gold when the sun hit it. That was where we'd mostly sit down. I searched high and low for that tree, and I found it. I found her. I found Mary sitting below that tree, and she looked broken.

Mary's POV
I knew El would figure it out. She was way smarter than she was givin credit for. When I arrived at the garden I found the tree. The tree I'd been in love with since I was a child. I sat under it and just went into deep thought. Sadness overcame me and I was slowly walking into depression. I don't know if I was being dramatic or delusional, but this moment in my life right now is just complete crap.  "Mar?" I looked up to see a very concerned Eleanor before my eyes. By instinct she sat down beside me. I rested my head on her shoulder. After that, we had a deep and long conversation. A conversation no one would know about. It was between us. Sister to sister. She convinced me to go home, and the horror I faced after that was inexplicable. You'll find out about that later, but right now, for now...goodnight.

A/N: #3 in fanfiction ❤️ !!!

QOTD: Do you want the sequel to be about their kids or just continuing their lives? 💕