Nothing What Is Seen

You did...You being there with him as he woke up made him a little more at ease but you always left much to soon. The first book you gave him was was so worn now...the cover is detached and no page is without damage.

Since September, he had began writing in the book about his ideas on the poems and their meanings, always dark and twisted. That was what he would work on while you went to school, feeling a little jealous that another institution shared your time that you should be spending with him.

However, today he decided not to work on that and between medicines and therapy, he began to sketch you...But you weren't you...You were infused with a rabbit...and so was your stepdad. He would and lays pester you about being late coming home and then ask you to go get his gloves from his office, he was becoming so forgetful...However, these drawings were also dark. Your step dad looked dead and you just looked very sad. As if you stepdad did die...

Coming to Alan to see this...He did the same thing as before, presenting the drawing to you and seeking approval...But you would never lie to him and this was very worrying.

"You have a lot of skill Alan..." He seemed satisfied with that but that quickly disappeared when he saw the concern on your face, "Alan...Do you...want my stepfather to die?"

He looked like he was was stabbed in that moment. Was that what his mind was telling him? That he wanted to kill his Doctor?! Kill your stepdad and make you sad? No, no it's not his fault. The doctor didn't die because of him. He couldn't do it. Not if you...

He had just realized that he was having an panic attack in front of you. You were trying to calm him down and it was working.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to upset you...You would never think to do something like that Alan..."

You continued to mellow him out through reading...Several hours would go by and you would excuse yourself to go to the restroom. Always checking the stalls in the event someone got sick from their medicine.

After coming out, you came across your dad going the same way to his office and you to Alan, when you heard diabolical laughing from Alan's room.

"Heh, if you don't kiss the old man's daughter we will!"

"Yeah, she's a member of the elite. Like she'd marry a loon like you!"

"What a joke! I bet you we can deflower her before you're released! 188-never!"

"You better start talkin' again before we do or all three of us'll beat it out of you!"

You cleared your throat with your dad behind you both of you looking unimpressed by them. Alan was on the floor leaning on his bed for support.

"Apologize."

You demanded, looking between the two. Indeed they went to your academy. You smirked as they puffed up their chests at you.

"Unless you want Cara and Claire to know that you're cheating on them for me."

They wavered a bit in their defense.

"S-So? We could have your old man fired if you do!"

"Fine, then I can finally stop recommending things for you as class president! To bad asylum superintendents can't buy you into University..."

They relented with a sigh. Giving the most half hearted apology before being allowed to exit. When they were a ways away, you rushed to Alan's side whom rejected your help with the glare...Reading ended short that day and you went home thinking about what could have happened...