Living in White Walls, You Begin to Loose Reason

Ever since that day, your stepdad was completely overworked. He would stay very late at night and ask that you go with him home so those horrible twins don't repeat the disgusting scene on your way home...But you grew much to sleepy to walk home...Or even take a taxi...

So on a rather random October afternoon you came upon your father's office using using the nicest demeanor you could muster.

"How long do you think you'll be staying today?" You asked.

He rolled his eyes at all the files on his desk.

"Late...Very Late..." He sighed taking a moment to drag his hands down his face to relax the muscles in it.

"Do you think it might last all night?"

He looked up at you with confusion.

"Here, now! What are you getting at?"

"I want to spend the night with Alan."

You let it so casually slip from your tongue as if it were completely natural to spend the night with a madman.

"(Y/n)..." Your father groaned, "I just can't let you stay unsupervised! What if something happens? What if he has an episode? A kind of attack."

"He wouldn't do anything to me. He trusts me and I trust him."

There was a prolonged silence before it was broken by his serious tone.

"(Y/n)...Sweetheart, do you love him?"

You hadn't ever thought about loving him...Protecting him, being there for him, caring about him, yes you did. But love...You didn't see yourself love stricken like those girls in your books. You never really blushed, or got nervous around him because you were so close to him. The only barrier was between his mind and yours, really.

"I...I'm not sure...But, I might be more if I had more time to get myself together..."

With that being said, you were allowed to stay at the Asylum on select weekends.

You went to be with Alan for your normal time and when you normally have to leave, your father entered the room, kissing your forehead and smirking at Alan.

"You take care of her, Alan. If she give you trouble..."

You laughed rolling your eyes before kissing him back on the cheek.

"Now you hurry along before Mum has a fit of her own."

And like that he was gone.

Getting ready for bed, the nurses offered you a mattress to be laid beside Alan but you declined and decided to sleep sitting on the chair with your head on his bedside.
Alan couldn't quite comprehend why you were still there but it did give him a sense of ease...