For Whatever Reason, The {K}Night Remains

Dr. Wilson took his pencils that following day and sadly, Mitul, that Indian student from all those years ago, decided to take up all of your time for several days with a small date then and introduction to his family, then a dinner. It didn't help that he just assumed you'd agree to stay with him for the entire time. Your extended absence. Did make him panic at first until, the Doctor explain the circumstance...You even decided to send a letter to the hospital to explain...

Even still he was irritable in the extreme without you.

He was silent for the past two check in with the doctor and on the third day he finally spoke to him.

"Mange-ridden to the core, she leads me through the fray. With the toss of a Jackbomb, I clear abominations from our way..."

He could see the Doctors surprised and the many thoughts racing through his mind...

"Alan...What do you mean by 'Jackbomb'..?"

"Where are my pencils?"

The doctor smiled, "Clever boy..."

It seemed that you couldn't stomach the spices of Indian food as Mitul would have liked and had to stay home the rest of the work week...This only stressed Alan more...

Ever since your graduation in 1874, you would bring your own, very new tea set to have afternoon tea with Alan on Fridays. Seeing as he was quite use to it, when you weren't there that friday,Alan had another fit.

He threw an old tea pot at Nurse Dianne saying, "How many times must I tell you?! I only take tea with (Y/n)!"

Dr. Wilson observed your return to Alan, how he would hug you like a gentleman would hold his lady...You could almost mistake him for a proper person seeing the two of you together. You were a key in this...He almost laughed at the thought of his own stepdaughter bringing a raving madman to sanity. It was certainly ironic.

"I hope you were civil for most of my absence." You joked.

"It won't happen again...No more complications..." He muttered, almost reassuring that you were going to be here forever.

When you looked at him in the eyes with that curious smile, for one he felt like melting. How dare he run from himself for so long and miss the time you spent by him everyday for 8 years...But on the other hand he knew that this meant it was the beginning of the most vivid and painful hell. Not only fighting other people for you, but fighting himself...

The darkened expression in his eyes made you worry and without thinking you placed a hand on his cheek, letting him find comfort in it.

"Why...Why does he have ruin everything..." He trailed.

You became more concerned.

"You mean..."

"The red King...He...He...I hate him...So much I'd like to see him suffer for the things he puts people through...For the times he's scared you...I'll send the bastard straight to hell...And I'll drag him down if I have too...Right to the bottom where he can suffer and scream and beg but never ever receive peace...Just like he did to me..."

You were a bit stunned but your mind soon understood what he was saying.

"I know...He'll pay for what he's done..." Your hand dropped to his as you gave him a serious stare, "And you will be your own king of your own mind...I've always believed in you...And I believe in you now more than ever..."