Language Is a Means to Hurt But a Function to Healing

You came to Alan's shut door, putting a hand on its cold metallic surface. You opened it, entering the room before closing the door swiftly behind you.

"...What did he say..."

You looked into those cat like green eyes that explored your very soul at times.

"Oh, I-It was nothing..."

"Liar." He spat, starting to become agitated.

"When have I-?"

"You think I wouldn't see when you're lying to me? I might be mad but I'm not stupid. Not anymore at least..."

You've read it in the case book, initially deaf, dumb, and blind was his case. This was when you really noticed how far he's come.

"The lie is much more suited to your current condition," You retorted looking away from him.

He seemed to realize his temper was not going to bring him answers. Not from you at least.

"The truth could make you worse off. You hurt so much already, I couldn't hurt you myself..."

A tear came to the ground as you went on.

"You're so strong Alan...The fault that's not yours weighs you down and I can see it every time you see me. I can't do much more now. I do believe in you and I always will. That the king shall fall and a Blue king will rise and leave this place."

You came close to him, a gentle caress easing him into the prospect...Of leaving...One day, out there in the world where you went for days at a time some months...

"You can always improve, Alan. But you must work very hard....Please remember that."

"I-I will...I'll never forget..."

The world seemed to slow down as Nurse Dianne and Nurse Gretchen came into take him to his daily shock.

"Then when you leave...Come find me..."

And that was the last Alan Plesence Liddell heard of his beloved (Y/n) (L/n)...