Chapter IV-More Explosive Than Seamus Doing a Spell

Scorpius woke up late. Shit, he thought as he rushed to get on his school robes. There were no other students in the Slytherin dungeon, so he figured he had probably missed breakfast too. Checking the time, he realized he had slept through potions and was due in Defense. It had been months since that fateful panic attack that led him to the hospital wing, again. He had gone from seeing Healer Malfoy every day to just once a week. The two men had helped him a lot, but he was still anxious with the spring holidays approaching. Once spring was over, it would be summer soon, and where would he go? He had only ever lived with his mom, his dad having spent his whole life in Azkaban. He doubted Augustus Rookwood was even aware of his existence. 

"Mr. Rookwood, you are tardy, please take a seat. We are reviewing the end of term exam. As I was saying, this exam will be both practical and written. It will closely resemble the final exams given by Professor Lupin, so make sure you know how to properly cast each spell but also how they affect the creatures we have discussed. The rest of the period will be a quiet study period. Try to discuss the material only, and don't get too loud. I will be at my desk if anyone has any questions." Professor Potter watched the students form small groups. Scorpius pulled out his book to look at the material. He could hear the whispers of those around him. Not that these were new, but he hated when people talked about him behind his back. Of course, they did this with some of the other children who's parents were Death Eaters as well.

"Hey, Rookwood." Some stupid Gryffindor had leaned in to talk to Scorpius. "Where are you going this summer? You find a children's home for Death Eater spawn?" Scorpius looked up, angry, to see Donovan Halley's stupid grin over his crooked teeth.

"Like you even know what you are talking about, you troll," Scorpius hissed back. "Where are you going this summer? Some mountain troll den with your troll of a mother?" 

In a flash of a moment, Scorpius found himself on the floor, Halley over him, clutching the smaller Slytherin's robes so they were nose to nose.

"Don't you dare speak about my mother that way, you waste of space," the larger boy hissed, red-faced, before being dragged off by Professor Potter.

"Halley, Rookwood, enough!" Professor Potter didn't raise his voice often, but when he did, you knew to shut up. Maybe it was the look that usually accompanied the increase in volume. Halle slipped his robes, escaping Potter's grip and punched Scorpius, his fist connecting with bone and cartilage. "Donovan Halley!" Potter now had the larger boy in a hold, restraining him, his arms wrapped around the boy's shoulders. "You, take Rookwood to the hospital wing. Tell Healer Malfoy I will be there shortly with another student." Potter addressed some girl in class who's name seemed to have slipped Scorpius's mind. The injured Slytherin swept up his books and bag on his way out of the classroom, following the other girl.

"What in Merlin's name happened to your face?" Healer Malfoy looked horrified to see a student in this state.

"He got into a fight with Halley during class. Professor Potter is supposed to bring him here in a sec." The girl had answered the healer's question for Scorpius, not that the boy thought he could answer anyway. The pain in his jaw was excruciating. The pain in the center of his face wasn't much better.

"You are dismissed," Healer Malfoy said to the girl, just as they heard a "Gerroff me!" come from the hall outside the infirmary doors, followed by a voice saying, "Then get your bloody self in there now, or it'll be worse trouble. I'm fed up with this." An angry Donovan Halley came in, being held by the collar by Professor Potter.