Chapter XV-World War Three

"Remus, have you seen this article?" Harry, Remus, and the boys sat around the table, having a late brunch.

"Unfortunately I have. The situation seems to be worse than we thought. The school has never been closed before in over one thousand years." Remus looked well beyond his years.

"Well she did want to close it our second year, Dumbledore was the only reason the school remained open." They all looked up to see a groggy Draco standing in the doorway. "Is that bacon?" Draco sat beside Harry and began eating the plate Remus handed him. "I was thinking of relocating us to Malfoy Manor. I technically still hold ownership, and it's far enough away that the boys will be away from all of this."

"And who's going to stay there with them? I'm going to fight, you know that. And Remus will want to fight for Sirius. And you'd never let me fight without you." Harry's green eyes pierced Draco's gray ones.

"Well, I thought maybe other students can join them. The Manor has space. Maybe have a few of the parents move in too. I just don't want kids to die this time around. It was terrible the last time, seeing students younger than us strewn across the Hall. I won't let that happen again." A fierce determination filled his features as he recalled thirteen and fourteen-year-olds laying dead in what was supposed to be the place safest for them.

"That could work, I suppose. I'll owl and floo those I think will want to know. Remus, are you ok with us using this as headquarters again? I have a feeling we will need the Order again." Remus just nodded grimly. 

===

"No arguing, Scorpius. You and Alex are still too young. Harry and I were forced into a war younger than you are, and it still haunts us, I will not let you witness what we had to. Now grab your trunk and get your asses into that fireplace." The teen grumbled but obeyed, but not before he gave the three men standing their hugs. In all honesty, he was worried he wouldn't see them again. He had the Sirius' mirror, knowing he could reach headquarters in case something happened.

"Bye." His voice was a whisper but he knew he was heard.

===

"They attacked an American location this time. They are growing internationally." Neville had arrived at headquarters with the news.

"What location?" The Daily Prophet no longer ran, so they got news any way they could.

"New York. Some financial buildings. Also, they attacked a muggle government building. The death toll is 2,996 according to American wizarding officials. The muggles are calling it a terrorist attack. I guess they are kind of right." Things were getting worse, they all knew. Never before had there been this number of deaths in a single attack. They spent most of the rest of the day in silence as they prepared for the next day. They had gotten word that their world be an attack on Gringotts and the Order was coordinating with the goblins to prevent the attack.

===

"Damn it, Harry, what have I told you about getting hurt? You've already lost a leg. You keep this up and you'll look like Mad-Eye did. I don't fancy shagging Mad-Eye." There hadn't been any casualties in the fight at the bank, but there were a few injuries. Draco, having been a professional healer, played doctor for the group. At the moment, he was patching up a cut Harry received when a Death Eater blasted the wall beside him. 

"I'm fine, Draco. It's not that serious. Besides, it was successful. Much better than last week. We didn't lose anyone this time. Have you heard from the Manor?" Harry was wondering how the kids were.

"Talked to them while you were busy yelling at McLaggen for being a show-off and nearly getting his head blown off. They don't know about any of the casualties yet. But the kids are all alive and well, but very scared. The teens have taken to bunking with little ones so someone's there when they have nightmares. Scorpius is getting restless and Alex is running out of ways to keep him occupied." Draco was still in business mode, no emotion showing through his mask

"And Percy and Fleur are able to hold the wards?" Harry winced as Draco prodded another cut.

"Yeah, but Fleur worries about Bill."

===

"Remus! We need to head to the children, now!" Harry ran up the stairs, three at a time in an attempt to reach the werewolf. "Have you taken your wolfsbane this week?"

"Yes, I have, why? And why do we need to get to the children?" Remus came out looking wide-eyed. 

"Greyback is headed there. I know the potion usually makes you sleepy, but can you stay awake long enough to fight? We can't let him attack the kids." Harry's features displayed desperation and the fire of fight like they usually did before a battle. Remus' only response was to grab Harry's hand and apparate to the gates of the Manor. It seemed half of the Aurors and all of the Order were in attendance. Many people were setting more wards on the perimeter, preparing for the attack. As Remus and Harry found their way inside, they saw the adults and children filing down the halls. Draco had put an Undetectable Expansion Charm on the dungeon, allowing room for all the children to hide there, behind even more wards. 

"Anyone over 17 may fight if they wish, being of age. Everyone else, head down with Percy. Older ones, make sure you look after the younger ones. We won't let them through, but to do our job, we need to know you are safe and out of harm's way." Harry's speech was cut off by a loud boom from the grounds of the property. "GO NOW!" Harry's voice boomed as children ran into the dungeon while Remus and Harry ran the opposite direction. A sickening feeling washed over him as he ran beside his transformed companion. This would not be as simple as the bank fight. He just prayed that they could save the children as the men ran into battle.