Chapter IX-The Start of Summer

"Yes, yes, yes!" Scorpius excitement suddenly turned to concern. "What about Alex? He used to stay at my house when his mom got really bad."

"Well, we've already arranged for him to move in. You see, Harry and I both have sizable inheritances, so the house we live in has too many rooms and not enough people." Draco smiled warmly at the teen.

"That's great! We get to spend the whole summer together. And I don't have to be a Rookwood anymore?" He looked hopeful at Harry.

"Never again, if you don't want to," Harry reassured.
===
"Sirius, Remus, are you sure it's ok for all six of us to be in one house? Don't you guys want some peace?" Harry spoke into the mirror that he used to communicate with his godfather.

"Well, Remus and I wanted to visit you this summer, and two boys running around, it'll be like old times, isn't that right, Moony?" Sirius beamed at his friend.

"I suppose," Remus responded, but instead of looking put out, wore a smirk.

"Well, I guess it's settled then. We are all meeting at Grimmauld Place for summer." Harry's voice had a happy finality to it.

"Well, we should go. Tell Draco we look forward to seeing him, too." And with that, the conversation was over.
===
"Boys!" Harry could hear Remus yelling up the stairs. "Food!"

If Remus said anything else, it was drowned out by Sirius yelping for joy and running loudly down the stairs.

"Careful, old man. You'll break a hip," Harry heard Draco fire at Sirius.

"OI! I heard that, you little brat! Don't forget who took you in!" Sirius pretended to be offended.

"Oh, yes. Thank you, Remus. Very much appreciated." Draco, it seemed enjoyed playing these games with Sirius and always dragged Remus into it.

"Ah, no problem, Draco. Anything for Harry's friends." Both Draco and Sirius looked snapped their heads in Remus' direction.

"It's my house!" "I'm his husband, you know!" Both Sirius and Draco sounded indignant, much to everyone else's entertainment.

"How about we eat now." Remus had a smirk that could have rivaled Sirius' any day.
===
"How long do you think they'll keep us, Scorpius?" Harry had stopped walking and was quietly listening at the boys' door. They had insisted they wanted to share a room. Remembering when Draco first moved in, Harry understood perfectly.

"I don't know, Alex, but I think they might be keeping us for a while. They said I can have a new last name though. Maybe we can see if you can too." Harry sighed wistfully. He had a plan. He was going to make sure the boys never felt unloved again.
===
Bodies laid everywhere, strewn everywhere. Each face was familiar, each body broken. All he could do was cry, apologizing that so many people had to die. The bodies he regretted the most were his friends, Hermione and Ron should be here today, and it was all his fault. "Harry, come on, Harry."

"Harry, it's me, you're ok, just wake up," Draco was holding a crying Harry to his chest. "It was just a dream."

"It's all my fault, all of them," Harry cried into Draco's chest. Harry didn't need to clarify, Draco knew exactly what he meant, having woken his husband from this dream before.

"It is not your fault. It's his. Now, come here." Draco held Harry until he fell back asleep.

Draco let Harry sleep and went to get a glass of water. He decided to look into the boys' room to find them in one bed, sleeping peacefully. So this is how Remus felt, Draco chuckled to himself. He wasn't sure where the boys' futures led, but he smiled contently, knowing that, as long as they had each other, they'd be ok.