Chapter X-Harry's Worth

"What's this picture from?" Harry had been showing the boys some of the rooms when Scorpius pointed to a photo on the wall.

"That, my boy, is me, Remus, and Harry's father. We were quite the troublemakers back in our day." Sirius spoke from his previously unnoticed position in the door.

"Oh, we were 17, right, Remus?" Sirius turned around. Remus appeared behind the other man, following the gaze of the young teen.

"In that picture? Yes." Remus smiled.

"Then it was 1977. James became head boy, I got my own place, and James and I were chased by Death Eaters and cops on my motorbike. An eventful year indeed. We thought that year was crazy. Things only got worse." Sirius changed from reminiscent to somber.

"But things got better. 3 years later, Lily had Harry. The best thing to ever happen to the Marauders." Remus was smiling.

"I doubt that. If I hadn't been born, Mom and Dad would still be around." Harry looked at his feet.

"Harry James Potter, you put those thoughts out of your mind this minute. They were over the moon about you. We all were. The way the war was going, there's no guarantee any of us were going to make it out anyway. Merlin, I'm surprised we lived. There came many times Sirius and I thought it was over. But in the end, we got a son we never expected. Raising you was the best time in my life. We both love you very much, Harry, as does Draco." Remus was red faced by the time he finished his little speech. Before Harry could respond, Remus and Sirius had pulled him into a hug and held him like did when was younger. "Now, I believe we have a ministry official here for you and Draco." Harry disentangled himself from the two men who had served as his fathers, wiping his face.

"I love you guys, too. I appreciate all you've done for me, and for Draco." He looked at the men fondly. "Come on, Scorpius, and bring Alex. I believe the ministry is here about your living arrangements."

"Ok, Harry." After a hug, which shocked Harry very much, Scorpius bounded out of the room to fetch his best friend.
===
"So who will be the guardian of these two boys?" The official from the ministry was very down to business.

"My husband and I." Draco did most of the talking for them today.

"And will we be changing any names today?" She looked at the boys.

"Just me, ma'am," Scorpius spoke up. "I'd like to be Scorpius Malfoy."

"Is this acceptable to you, Mr. Malfoy?" She looked at the blond.

"If that's what he wants. I'm the only Malfoy left anyway." Draco's betrayed more joy than his voice, and it warmed Harry's heart to see his husband so happy. The paperwork was soon signed, the ministry witch gone, and the boys outside.

"We should adopt kids more often," Harry chuckled.

"Mmmmm, why's that?" Draco murmured into Harry's neck, as they stood embraced.

"Because of that smile. You wear paternal joy well." Harry could feel he was beaming, as Draco just chuckled contently. Both men were just happy to have a family now.