Chapter XI-Burying the Hatchet

"And make sure you don't burn down the house while we are out!" Harry and Draco were taking Scorpius out, leaving Alex with Sirius and Remus.

"Can't make any promises," Sirius smirked at Harry and Draco.

"Well, if they do burn the house down, you'll get your Black inheritance. Sirius is too old to make it out of the house in an emergency." Draco smirked as indignation filled Sirius' face.

"OI! I am not that old." Sirius was shouting as everyone else chuckled. Draco loved winding the man up, and boy was it easy.

Half an hour later, the three wizards arrived at their destination.

"Where are we?" Scorpius didn't recognize their surroundings. 

"You will see. No matter what happens, please be on your best behavior." Just before Scorpius could ask any more questions, the door in front of them opened.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Potter, Mr. Malfoy. Is this Scorpius?" A thin, older woman with graying brown hair and hazel eyes looked at the three guests.

"Yes, ma'am." Scorpius looked unsure as he shook the woman's hand.

"Ursa Halley pleased to meet you, young man." Suddenly, Scorpius was looking at his new dads with panic in his eyes.

"Sh, no need to worry. It's all ok. We asked her to meet with us so we can discuss the events of the last school year." Harry put his hand on the teen's shoulder as a reassurance. 

"I'm not going to hurt you, dear. Please come in. I've just made a kettle," she smiled at the party. "Donovan!" The matron called her own son in.

"Yes, ma?" The burly teen came in, wearing a Quidditch jersey and muggle jeans, only socks on his feet. He caught sight of the Malfoy-Potters and stopped dead. "What are you doing here?" The teen suddenly looked furious as he stared down his classmate.

"I invited them. Now, please, sit, darling. I believe we have some things to discuss." Halley begrudgingly followed his mother's directions. It wasn't long before the five of them sat around the table, the adults with tea and the boys with pumpkin juice.

"We'd like to settle this animosity between our boys," Draco began.

"He's a Rookwood, I hate him, settled." Donovan still held a glint of anger in his eyes.

"Actually, he's not. This boy in Scorpius Malfoy. And he isn't responsible for Augustus Rookwood's actions no more than I am for Bellatrix's." Harry spoke up.

"Wait, why would you be responsible for Bellatrix?" Halley now looked confused now. 

"It was her cousin who raised me after my parents died. I was raised by Sirius Black, cousin of Bellatrix, Narcissa, and Andromeda Black. But even if she was my mother, it wouldn't matter. The only person responsible for your actions is yourself." Harry looked at the teen, hoping he'd get the message, maybe work towards peace. Scorpius still looked terrified and Draco had on an unreadable mask, probably by design.

"Well, that's different. Besides, he called my mom a troll." Scorpius blushed at this, embarrassed at the fact that it was true.

"I did. I am very sorry, Mrs. Halley. I didn't mean it. I was just trying to get back at Halley-Donovan." Scorpius did indeed look sorry. Ursa just smiled at him.

"I understand dear. We all say things we don't mean."

"And-and he's a Slytherin and I'm a Gryffindor. We are supposed to hate each other." The teen was now grasping for justifications for his anger. 

"Look at me, young man. I never want to hear you use that as an excuse again. You beat a fellow boy unconscious. House rivalry aside, it is inexcusable. And house rivalry shouldn't dictate who you are friends with. Until the fifth year, Harry and I lived for torturing each other. I was the prince of Slytherin and son of a Death Eater and he was the Chosen One and a Gryffindor. And we got married. My aunt tortured his godfather. But guess what, I am not my aunt. So don't confuse people with unfortunate family ties." Draco leaned forward as he spoke, being sure the teen looked him in the eyes.

"Couldn't have said it better myself," Ursa cut in.

"Now, Mr. Halley, I'm not asking you to become friends with Scorpius, but I cannot have any more fist fights between the two of you, or you will be permanently removed from the team, and there is nothing I can do to reinstate you, as this is an order from Headmistress. If there is a fight as severe as the one by the trophy room, you will be expelled for being a danger to student's well-being. I don't want to see you leave Hogwarts or the team. You are a great Beater and a smart student, but this anger of yours has to be managed better. Professor Flint has agreed to meet with you regularly as you learn to control your emotions. Is this acceptable to you, Mrs. Halley?" Harry was back in teacher mode. Scorpius was basically trembling with fear, leaning into Harry's side like a child, as Donovan hadn't stopped sending him glares. 

"While it disappoints me to have to resort to this meeting, but this seems more than fair. Donovan, I expect no more letters about your behavior, or you will be sent to your cousin's in America." Ursa looked at her son with a stern, but caring look.

"Fine, fine, just don't send me to Goldie's house. I hate her house." The large teen now looked like he was pouting.

"Glad that's settled. Mr. Potter, Mr. Malfoy, would you like to stay for dinner," Ursa offered, gaining horrified looks from both teens.

"Thank you, ma'am but we can't. My godfathers are making a birthday dinner for our other adopted son. He turns 15 today and we thought we could have our first celebration as a family. Maybe another time." Harry smiled at the woman as he declined her offer. 

"Of course, perfectly understandable. Well congratulations, in any case. Two teenage boys in one day, good luck,' She laughed as she walked the guests out. The three of them returned home.