12 | date

12 | DATE

The day was warm and breezy in Manhattan and Milani, now three years old, was running around the penthouse going on about some chimpanzee her father was getting her

The day was warm and breezy in Manhattan and Milani, now three years old, was running around the penthouse going on about some chimpanzee her father was getting her. "Mommy, mommy, mommy! His name's gonna be Bubbles!" She exclaimed.

Calista raised her brows and nodded, sure that her daughter was making stuff up at that point. Calista began to pack Milani's bag to send her off to California with the nanny back to Michael's new, huge ranch he purchased for Milani.

Calista hadn't seen Michael in person in three years, but, based off of what she watched on the television— she noticed that Michael seemed only to get handsomer and handsomer as he aged. Although he had a couple changes occur on his appearance, Calista still saw the Michael she remembered from so long ago— however, a lot more attractive now. Though, she'll never admit it.

Suddenly the phone began to wildly ring and before Calista could go answer it, Milani scurried over to the phone and answered it. Milani waited for someone to speak on the other end before squealing. "Daddy!" She jumped excitedly up and down.

She spoke in her toddler language with her father for a brief moment before calling over her mother and handing the phone to her. Calista giggled at the sight then answered the phone. "Michael?"

Michael chuckled. "I swear she seems to get more and more hyper every time she leaves here." Michael mentioned.

Calista hummed in agreement. "Anyway, I call you ask you a career question." Michael stated.

"Shoot." Calista encourage him to ask.

Michael cleared his throat, as if he were beginning to read something. "If you're going to release an album in about a month, how would you promote it with just enough time to hype up the fans?" He asked.

"Release a trailer. Since it's a bit too late to release any singles. But, you can still release the singles for a little extra boost." Calista offered her advice. The two momentarily discussed promotions for the album and Michael revealed to her about the album.

After they were finished speaking about music, the line when silent. "So..." Michael trailed off, biting his lower lip.

"So..." Calista mocked.

Michael sighed. "You're going to think this is a bit unexpected but I'm just going to go for it: will you go on a date with me?" He asked.

Calista silently cheered. She somewhat expected for him to ask such a thing. The tension between them had been building up over phone for so long. "Look at you, Mr. Jackson. Since when were you a go-getter?" Calista applauded.

"Since I realized that I was wasting my time not being with you." He replied seriously. Michael could practically feel Calista's smile radiate from the phone.

"Of course I will go on a date with you, Michael." She twirled her finger on the curly cord of the phone.

Michael's lips twitched up into a satisfied smiled. He had done it. He had asked the one woman he wanted to be with out. And he had done it successfully because she said yes. "Why again did you suddenly have the guts to finally ask?" Calista chuckled into the phone, Milani eyeing her from afar curiously.

"I was feeling bad."