24 | dangerous

24 | DANGEROUS

(a gif of gisele and a pic of venus because why not

(a gif of gisele and a pic of venus because why not.)

In the first month after being apart from her family: Calista was heartbroken. In the second month: she was furious. In the third: she was remorseful. In the forth: she channeled all of the emotions she had experienced into a visual album. What had been old news of Calista and Michael separating became new once again when listeners realized what Calista was singing about in Bitter Sweet.

All of her songs were like vignettes, they could be understood as an individual piece— such as her first track that reflected her anger at Michael for not helping her when she needed him most— or as a whole with the entire story, which would be her album. Calista mostly wanted her fans to understand the entire message of the album, which told a story of her forgiveness for her lover's disappointing actions.

The album, as a whole, was met with many criticizers— mostly Michael's fans. Many mentioned that Calista had destroyed the relationship, not Michael, and that Calista should be apologetic for her own actions. Calista brushed many of the comments off, for she had gained the attention she needed to revive her career that had slumped since her previous album.

It had been 3 months since her album's release and the commotion around it hadn't diminished just yet. Calista was in New York at her home she lived in before she moved in with Michael years ago. She was humming to a single, He Wasn't Man Enough, from her new album when she heard a knock from her door. Calista was near and was at the door in no time. She soon after swung open the door without looking into the peephole.

Before Calista stood a stiff Michael and her three children. Calista almost broke down into tears at the sight. She thought she was dreaming and pinched herself. Her babies had grown so much in the seven months she hadn't seen them. They stood alongside a tall Milani, swaying on their feet anxiously as they awaited for their mother to speak.

They had heard so much about her from their father, and seen so much of her on the television, yet didn't seem be familiar with her because she was so absent. Calista began to get teary eyed and instantly squatted down to embrace her babies tightly. She had missed them and deeply regretted everything she had done to take them for granted.

The girls instinctively wrapped their small arms around her and absorbed her sweet scent. Venus analyzed her hair and Gisele placed a soft hand on her cheek to be sure that she was real. Milani clung onto her mother for dear life, almost as if it would be the last time she saw her. Calista's empty heart immediately filled with love once again and warmed from it's usually cold state.

After Calista had her reunion with her children, they ran off with Milani to explore the apartment— leaving Michael and Calista alone. Michael clenched his jaw and didn't dare speak a word. "You came." She breathed out.

"They were forgetting who you were." Michael spoke briefly.

Calista bit the insides of her cheeks. "I'm so—" She began.

"No! I shouldn't have severed the bond a child has with its mother. I'm sorry." Michael interrupted.

Calista gulped, knowing Michael had listened to her album. "I'm sorry, Cal. I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me. I'm sorry for not loving you when you needed me to." Michael scoffed, apologizing to everything Calista had mentioned in her music that Michael should be sorry about.

Calista cringed. "We seemed to be falling in and out of love, it was never your fault." She consoled.

Michael gritted his teeth and tapped his foot anxiously. A tension within his built up. He longed to have her in his arms once again. He desired for her to call him her lover like she once did, but she couldn't— at least not now. Without thinking, Michael entered the apartment and shut the door shut behind him, standing dangerously close to Calista. He breathed hard down her neck, causing shivers to erupt down Calista's spine.

"I'm releasing an album next month." Michael spoke quickly. His focus was on Calista's soft, desirable skin. He licked his lips.

"Uh huh." Calista hummed.

Michael pushed her against the wall, making sure the children weren't around to witness what was about to happen. Calista gasped. "And because of it, I'm feeling a bit dangerous." He admitted.

Calista smirked, although a bit puzzled as to why Michael would show up suddenly to make up with her in such a way. Michael's eyes travelled from her skin to her eyes, then to her lips. He was too nervous to lean in, so Calista did it for him. She pulled him into a long, electric kiss. A rush of emotions entered their brains. They recalled every sweet moment they shared with one another, but also the bitter moments that made the sweet moments more savory.

Michael propped Calista up on him, allowing her to wrap her legs around him. He carried her down to her bedroom, locking the door behind them, and never parting their lips as they travelled. The two made their way over to the bed, and ended up doing magical things to one another for the next hour.