23 | back at it again

23 | BACK AT IT AGAIN

Although Calista had promised to Michael that she would never do the things she had witnessed people do while she was pregnant: she did it anyway

Although Calista had promised to Michael that she would never do the things she had witnessed people do while she was pregnant: she did it anyway. A certain urge to go find some weed dawned upon her and she immediately returned to her friends to go retrieve some. For her, the feeling of smoking weed was amazing. It seemed to heighten all of her senses, and she wanted to know what it felt like doing other pleasurable things while high— but she knew Michael would smell the drug on her from a mile away before she could even attempt anything. Calista would be gone at days at a time, only coming back once or twice every two weeks. Michael grew worried, and even attempted to track her down at times, but it was useless. Calista was go off the charts.

What was only coming home once or twice every other weeks turned into once every month. Calista had completely fallen off of the wagon and lost herself in the sea of addiction. What was marijuana turned into cocaine, which turned into many other hard drugs. Not only had Calista been taking things to take the edge off, she travelled the world to party. She went to places such as Paris, Rome, Las Vegas to New York just for one night of clubbing. Surprisingly enough, not one media source outlet had discovered her hobbies just yet.

It was now March 25th of 1991, and the twins were already 16 months old. Calista was home for the first time in weeks and Michael was out. Calista, despite her current reputation, was a great mother while she was present. She was rocking Venus Katherine Jackson and Gisele Calista Jackson in the nursery as she watched, now almost 7 years old, Milani play with some toys on the floor.

Calista was exhausted and the bags under her eyes were quite evident. The television flickered with many images of different people, some that Calista could recognize. It was some award show for actors, the Academy Awards, that Calista found no particular interest in.

"Is that Daddy?" Milani asked as Calista was almost dozing off in the fluffy, rocking chair. Calista fluttered open her eyes and focused them on the screen. She only saw him for a brief moment, but that millisecond was just enough to capture what was going on.

Michael was attending that award show with another woman.

A bubbling feeling erupted in the bottom of her stomach. She clenched her jaw and she grew furious. The betrayal she had just felt was unbearable, though her hurting was masked with anger. Calista quickly placed the twins in the crib with their toys and sped out of the room, informing the nanny downstairs that she was leaving.

Calista sped off to this award show, only catching the very end of the party. She was in inappropriate attire, but she couldn't care less. As Calista was pulling up to the venue, she saw Michael and the woman exiting the auditorium. Calista only at that very moment had realized who the other woman was: Madonna.

Calista sped up to her, pushing through body guards that recognized her because of Michael, and grabbed her thin hair. She yanked the woman away from Michael, then ran for Michael. Thousands of cameras captured the moment, and the paparazzi were coming up with new titles to feature this event with.

Madonna turned right around before Calista could reach for Michael next and grabbed Calista'a long braid and yanked her back. Calista saw the action as an act of war and began to attack her too. The two clawed at one another, but because of Calista's muscular body, she managed to do more damage that Madonna. The body guards pulled the women off of each other, escorting Calista back to her car with apologetic looks spread across their faces.

Although not on word left Calista's mouth that entire time, she told a whole story through her actions. And it was just enough to ensure every magazine company a story to tell the next morning.

* * *

Calista waited for Michael to arrive on the front porch. She tapped her foot anxiously with her arms crossed. Once Michael rolled up, he instantly exited the car with some choice words to say to her. "What the hell were you thinking? Now everyone is going to be talking about that!" Michael shouted as he jogged up to the porch.

"That's all you care about, is your image! You don't even care about that family anymore." Calista stood up, yelling in return.

"I do care, I care more than you!" Michael exclaimed.

"If you did, you wouldn't have cheated on me on public television!" Calista rolled her eyes.

"You threw away this relationship long before I began to date another woman. You're a hypocrite, you're the one who destroyed us by going out and doing who knows what for who knows how long! You know Milani would always ask when you would be home again? You know how heartbreaking it is to tell her that you don't know if her mother would be returning at all this time?!" Michael ranted, shouting in her face.

"Fuck you, Michael." Calista pushed him away, heading inside of the house.

"Get out of my house. I want you to leave, now!" Michael grabbed her arm and yanked her away from the door.

"Fine, then I'm taking the girls with me." Calista shrugged, heading back towards the door.

Michael shook his head vehemently. "No you're not! I'm going to ensure that they'll never see your miserable face ever again! At least not until you straighten up your act and realize that you're a mother!" Michael entered the house then slammed the door shut on Calista's face, locking her outside.

Calista began to pound on the door. "You can't stop me from seeing my children!" She called out.

Michael watched her through the window with sad eyes. He didn't want this to happen, but it had to if Calista were to ever learn a lesson. "Let me in!" Calista screamed, hitting the door.

Calista collapsed in front of the door as Michael walked away from the window, shaking his head. Calista sat there for a good twenty minutes before she spotted Milani walking by. Her face was rigid and a bit depressed. "Hey, Mil! Can you please let Mommy in? I got stuck outside!" Calista called out for her daughter.

Milani instinctively walked towards the door then stopped, realizing an internal conflict she had going on in her head. She looked down at her shoes and walked away without looking back at her mother.

Calista slumped over. "Damn it." She cursed, realizing that she had just screwed up.