21 | gunpoint

21 | GUNPOINT

Michael had stayed behind to go socialize with other artists for future collaborations when Calista and Milani went back to the hotel

Michael had stayed behind to go socialize with other artists for future collaborations when Calista and Milani went back to the hotel. Milani was already throwing a fit and needed to be put to bed and Calista was exhausted from all the work she put in kicking the dense water.

Once they arrived at the hotel, Calista collapsed onto the bed. She didn't have to worry about sending her bodyguards home for the night since they were out with Michael, his fans, after all, were far crazier than Calista's fans. Calista was almost asleep when she heard the door creaked open.

At first, she assumed it was Michael for the figure had wandered over to Milani. However when Calista noticed the figure rummaging through her stuff, she shot open her eyes and realized it wasn't him. She screamed. The man turned around with a gun in his hand.

"Scream again and I'll shoot her!" He shouted from behind his medical mask he probably bought at the dollar store. He pointed his gun at Milani.

Calista tried her best to remain calm. This had happened to her far too many times when she grew up in New York, however, for some reason, this time it felt as if her world was about to end when he pointed the gun to Milani's sleeping body.

Calista clenched her jaw, fighting back her fearful tears that wanted to prick her eyes. She began to shake uncontrollably. Her heart began to race sporadically. Her brain was on high alert as adrenaline rushed through her body. She was tense and her breath hitched nervously with every movement the man made.

She wanted to scream, but she knew that if she did, the man would kill her precious daughter. Under the tense conditions, Milani woke up. She noticed her mother's fearful state and abruptly began to scream and cry. She tried to run for her mother, but Calista quickly shushed her. "S—stay r—right there, M—Mil." She stuttered.

Milani continued to scream but followed her mother's instruction. "If you don't shut her up I'm pulling the trigger!" The man frantically threatened.

Calista shot a look to Milani. Milani quieted her screaming into uncontrollable sniffles. Calista began to sing a tune she always sang to Milani. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy—" Calista began.

"La la la la." Milani didn't know the lyrics so she simply said that in tune. Her sniffles subsided and Milani simply stared in fear of the man before her.

The man stood there for a whole ten minutes mean mugging the two girls. "What the hell do you want?! Just take it and leave already, god damn it!" Calista screamed, her throat dry.

The man looked around the room briefly and snatched up Calista's purse, Michael's watch that was laying around and other valuable items. In total, Calista assumed he stole about 3 million dollars worth of stuff before he was finished. Just as he was about to leave, he stopped. He had decided that there was something far more valuable in the room than any material object: Milani. He knew that she had the richest parents in the world, so random would rack up loads of money for him.

He quickly snatched up Milani and sped out of the room. Milani began to scream and shriek all over again. Calista's grew furious and out of maternal instinct, she sped after the man. She caught up with him and swung her arm at his head. She beat him until he let go of Milani.

Calista swiftly picked up Milani and retreated back into her room, locking the door and calling the police. Milani was still sobbing. The man began to bang at the door as Calista told the authorities of her location and the incident. The cops, in a matter of minutes, showed up to the hotel before the man was able to reenter the hotel room.

Unfortunately, the man whom had attacked Calista and Milani had escaped and went on a police chase with the cops. As soon as Michael heard of the armed robbery and attempted kidnap, he hurried back to the hotel as fast as he could.

The moment he saw Calista and Milani standing in the hall speaking to the police officer about what happened, he grabbed the two up in his arms. He apologized a million times over that he hadn't been there to keep them safe, and instantaneously began packing their bags to go home.

That same night the three went back home and returned to their normal routine. But nothing was ever normal again. Especially Calista. She could never feel safe ever again. She constantly had anxiety if she ever went out and felt like she was about to have a heart attack if she saw anyone outside the doors of her home. The only person that she seemed to trust was Penelope, whom she hadn't seen much of since she had returned from tour early in that year.