Chapter 1

Qing Qiu, Fox Den

After the Celestial Tribe had taken the corpse of Ye Hua, Bai Qian had fallen into a deep depression, refusing food and water. Because of this, her parents went back to the Fox Den and Zhe Yan stayed to look after her.

"I am quite worried at Qian Qian's health." Zhe Yan said after failing in convincing the grieving woman to eat.

 Her mother, the Fox Queen looked at him. "How much more can she take? Is my daughter really going to suffer the loss of her loved ones for eternity?" she asked. "It is not just her health that I am worried about. It's her children." He said, causing the people in the room to freeze in shock.

"You mean-"Fourth Brother looked at Zhe Yan who nodded in agreement. "That's right. Qian Qian, is pregnant. Twins to be exact." Third Brother sighed. "This complicates things." He looked at his family. "Maybe, this pregnancy will help her."

"Or not. If Qian Qian continues not to eat or drink, I'm afraid that there will be major consequences." Zhe Yan continued. "What about this. A-Li, is still in the Celestial Palace. As A-Li's only remaining parent, it is within Fifth Sister's right that he comes here to live with his mother." Fourth Brother suggested. 

Zhe Yan and the Fox King looked at each other. "But with Ye Hua's death, the position of Crown Prince is vacant. As his son, A-Li will probably take his position when he has matured. The Celestial Tribe might not want him to stay with his mother here in Qing Qiu." Third Brother interjected. 

Their mother shook her head. "A-Li is also a prince of Qing Qiu. Qian Qian's son. I will go to the Celestial Palace with you."

At the Celestial Palace, the Heavenly Lord greeted his guests. Dong Hua Dijun lowered his head in greeting to the Fox King, High God Zhe Yan and his family. While the Eldest Prince, Third Prince and Consort Le Xu bowed to them. "Fox King, Fox Queen, Zhe Yan. To whom do I owe this visit to?" Heavenly Lord asked them. 

Fox King looked at Zhe Yan, who cleared his throat and decided to speak. "I am here, concerning the Crown Prince and Bai Qian's son, A-Li. His mother is in Qing Qiu, and needs his company." 

Consort Le Xu looked enraged. "A-Li is the Crown Prince's son. He will inherit his father's position in the future. He needs to be in the Celestial Palace to learn how to be the next Heavenly Lord." she said calmly. 

The Fox Queen looked at Consort Le Xu. "When Qing Qiu learned of how my daughter Bai Qian suffered during her stay as a mortal here in the Celestial Palace, we said nothing. She is Qing Qiu's Queen, yet she suffered extreme humiliation in the palace where she was supposed to marry into. We now ask that she be allowed to have her son stay with her. A-Li, regardless of his position as imperial great-grandson, is my grandson and a prince of the White Nine-Tailed Fox Tribe." 

At the mention of Bai Qian, Consort Le Xu became silent and Eldest Prince, Cang Cuo bowed his head. "Fox Queen, please calm down your anger. Le Xu, was just expressing her concern as A-Li's grandmother." Heavenly Lord sighed. Dong Hua Dijun stared at his tea cup.

"It is best that the Young Prince go live with his mother." Everyone else looked at him. "Oh? And why is that so?" Heavenly Lord asked. 

Dijun put down his cup. "The Young Prince is of the third generation of Qing Qiu's ruling family. As the son of the Queen of Qing Qiu, High God Bai Qian, he is qualified to rule one of its lands. It is not yet known if he will be the Crown Prince, but it is certain that he will inherit his Mother's throne." At his explanation, the Heavenly Lord nodded in agreement. 

"Then, it is settled. A- Li, will live with his mother. But, he must also learn how to be the next Heavenly Lord." Zhe Yan nodded along with the Fox King. 

"Qing Qiu, although we do not like to fight, knows how to use magic and fight when needed. The Young Prince will definitely learn what is needed." The Fox King said. "Lian Song, escort them to Qingyun Palace to fetch A-Li." The Heavenly Lord called and Third Prince bowed to him. "Yes, Father."

As they walked towards Qingyun Palace, Third Prince sighed. "For days, A-Li has done nothing but cry and call for his parents. Now that Bai Qian of Qing Qiu has come to take A-Li, I feel relieved." He said and they stopped. "Oh?" Zhe Yan exclaimed. "This will be the first time he gets to properly meet his maternal family. With his mother, I am sure that A-Li will be less saddened. His father had been the only parent he had during this 300 years."