Chapter 6

AT THE CELESTIAL PALACE

Walking along the courtyards of the Celestial Palace, Si Ming smiles mischievously, turning the white stone in his hand slowly.

Hearing a throat being cleared, he turned and found Cheng Yu, dressed in her usual attire, of white and purple. She too, had a mischievous smile on her face, like a little child who has just received a gift.

"Ah, Cheng Yu, why are you smiling so?" Si Ming asks her. Cheng Yu only scoffs and looks around before leaning over slightly. "There is a rumour circulating the Palace today." she comments indifferently. Though inside her mind, she was laughing successfully at baiting the Star Lord.

"Oh? And what is that?" the Star Lord, now interested in the conversation, asks her. The woman stares off. "Well.. The rumour is that someone from Qing Qiu's Fox Tribe is..." she looks around again, to see if someone was near and whispered lowly. "Pregnant." she finishes.

Si Ming, who heard it, pulls back in shock.

"Pregnant?"

They whip around, shocked.

Third Prince, Lian Song, approaches them, fan in hand.

"Th-Third Prince!" Si Ming, his mischievous smile now gone.

Cheng Yu became silent. She tried to make herself inconspicuous.

Third Prince frowned slightly. "Aiya, you should just tell me. I feel like I am dying over here!" he complained. "I won't tell anyone who does not need to know." he added.

Si Ming looked seriously at the prince. "Really, your highness?"

Lian Song nodded. Si Ming looked at Cheng Yu and gestured for her to continue.

"According to the rumour, its Qing Qiu's Bai Qian."

At that, the prince's face turned serious. "It's Ye Hua's." he murmured.

"And, they're twins." the woman finished and looked around.

"If the rumours are true," Si Ming slowly said after a minute or two. "then the Celestial Tribe will be in uproar. They might want the twins High Goddess Bai Qian carries to be raised here. Including A-Li." Cheng Yu couldn't agree more. Third Prince shook his head, his hand holding the fan tightly. "And considering Qing Qiu's value for family and protectiveness, they might protest to it." he replied. The prince then walked back and forth, contemplating the situation.

After a moment, he hit his head with a fan and huffed. "Aiya, this type of situation is so not for me!",  he wailed. "Why does this have to happen right now?"

Si Ming sighed and when he turned around, spotted Di Jun. He bowed towards him. "Dong Hua Di Jun." he greeted. Di Jun in turn, nodded his head. "What is it?" he asked.

"What is the reason for the three of you to converse here?" he asked again. Thinking of a way to subtly tell Di Jun, the Star Lord smiled and asked him. "My Lord, I have news about-"

Third Prince's eyes widened.

He really isn't going to tell, is he??

Third Prince Lian Song moved to stop him.

But Di Jun put up his hand to stop him.

And he merely said.

"I know. Everything."

Silence came over the courtyard.