Chapter 2

Hey guys! So, after receiving feedback, I decided to work again and managed to overcome my major writer's block. (Which is horrible) To all you guys who supported me and cheered me up, this is for you! With all love, SR13

"Mother!" A-Li cried as he ran towards his mother and gripped her turquoise-colored robe. As the young immortal looked up at his mother, he felt himself tear up. When he had learned of his father's death, he felt as if the whole world was on his shoulders and his knees would collapse. But then, his young mind reminded him. His mother, the one who he had been waiting for his whole life to meet, was still there. Alone, her heart broken after his father's death.

Now, as he looked up at her, all he could see was the blankness and heartbreak in her bloodshot eyes. "Mother.." he called out.

Bai Qian, finally realizing who was calling her, looked down and saw him.

His serious but gentle eyes, twinkling in the dim-lit cave, his smile and the black robes that seemed to make anyone wearing it look unapproachable. But on him, seemed dashing and was like he was made to wear it.

"Ye Hua?" at that, the boy was shocked. Deciding to call her again, and blinked his tear-filled eyes. "Mother, it's me, A-Li."

And so soon, her vision of Ye Hua looking and smiling at her vanished, and was replaced by the image of her son looking up at her in worry. Our son, Ye Hua's son. Embracing A-Li, she sobbed. "A-Li, do you hate Mother for not coming soon for you?" He shook his head.

After a few moments, he took his mother's hand and faintly smiled. "From now on, I will be living with Mother in her Fox Den. I will be by her side, always."

With that, Bai Qian finally smiled and nodded.

Together, mother and son walked out from her room and faced Zhe Yan who smirked knowingly at them.

"Aiya, Little Five really likes to be dramatic." Zhe Yan teased her. Looking pointedly at him, Bai Qian huffed. "I may be a bit disoriented, but that doesn't mean I can't tell when you want to tell me something." At Zhe Yan's unsurprised face, she said "Tell me, what do you want to say?"

Sighing, the old High God exclaimed. "It seems I cannot keep it from you."

"What is it?" Bai Qian asked, lightly gripping A-Li's small hand.

"When I checked your health, I discovered something." At her confused face, Zhe Yan shook his head.

"You are pregnant."

Pregnant.

With child.

Ye Hua's child.