Chapter 10

Warm...

Comforting.....

The lid was opening......

Need to get out.......

Why can't I see?

A whisper of the wind...

Above the sarcophagus, calming and serene clouds circled overhead.

>LINE BREAK>

A-Li smiled broadly as he woke up to his mother caressing his hair.

"Mother." he murmured.

"A-Li."

The young boy couldn't contain his happiness and jumped to give his mother a huge hug. The Fox Queen, who was watching by the doorway, chuckled and approached the two.

"Be gentle, A-Li. Your mother just woke up. You will have to be careful around your mother." she said.

Deciding to humor her mother, Bai Qian turned and smiled at her son, who was smiling and now laid a hand on her stomach.

If Ye Hua were here, what would be his reaction?

At that thought, her heart ached.

"Qian Qian?" her mother looked at her daughter in concern.

"Mother?"

"Qian Qian."

She was pulled out of her thoughts by her mother.

"A-Li, maybe you should go out and play for a while. Uncle Zhen Zhen and Zhe Yan are outside." the Fox Queen offered.

A-Li thought for a while and shook his head.

"Maybe next time, Grandmother. I will just practice my sword play and magic outside by the garden." he said. Bowing and kissing his mother and grandmother on the cheeks, the godling went outside, his wooden sword in his hand.

Bai Qian's mother beamed proudly.

"Your son is becoming more and more mature as the days pass, Qian Qian." her mother said. As she looked at her daughter, she cocked her head to the side. "But something is troubling your mind. What is it?"

"Mother..." Bai Qian hesitated. Will she understand?

"A-Li just, reminds me too much of him. Every time he practices and smiles at me, I am reminded of him." The Fox Queen couldn't help but note that her daughter avoided mentioning his name.

"Even this place reminds me of him."

The Fox Queen couldn't contain her shock.

Bai Qian looked at her mother with tears on her eyes. "I refrained form telling A-Li. I am afraid that he will blame himself for it. And I don't want that for him. I only want my son, and my unborn children to know all the happiness in the world. If it means that I have to keep my grief to myself, I will do it."

"Qian Qian.." her mother whispered softly.

You have truly grown, she thought to herself as she looked at her daughter. Slightly glowing from her pregnancy, the high goddess had a haunted beauty to her, with her now wearing darker clothes than usual, a far cry from her pastel coloured clothes.