Chapter 3

Soooooo....Hey guys! I know this is a bit late and a bit short. And I know that you were waiting for this so I'll keep it short and here you are!

Thanks for those who encouraged me to and waited patiently for me to write again. So, to my dear readers, this is for you.

Enjoy!

================================================================================

Bai Qian, shocked with the realization, slowly fell to her knees. A-Li looked at his mother in concern. He felt joyful, he was finally getting a sibling! But then, he remembered. His Father wasn't here. Here to celebrate the news.

The young son shook his mother. Still frozen in shock, the mother slowly turned to her son.

"Mother, Mother. Aren't you happy with this news?" he asked. Zhe Yan sighed and knowing that right now all they need was space, left the cave to go back to his Peach Blossoms.

A-Li helped his mother sit and Bai Qian finally spoke.

"A-Li..." she called. After a moment, she continued. "You aren't unhappy with this news?"

"No." A-Li answered. "I cannot be unhappy. I am the future of the Celestial Tribe. I must be like Father and remain stable and calm." Bai Qian, unhappy with her A-Li's statement, took his hands and made her son face her. "A-Li, you must not always think like that. Although you are the son of the Crown Prince of the Celestial Tribe," A-Li noticed that his mother avoided saying his father's name. "You are also my son. I want you to be happy, despite the circumstances. We are gods, but even we can make mistakes. Always remember, only through our experiences and mistakes do we truly learn the true values we need." she finished as she fiddled with the sleeves of her gown and softly rubbed her belly.

After a moment, A-Li smiled mischievously. Although his eyes were filled with understanding.

"A-Li didn't know Mother could be so wise." he teased, a little smirk on his face.

Bai Qian smiled and softly knocked his head.

"Of course I can be. I am a High Goddess." At the same time, Feng Jiu rushed in. "Gugu! You have finally left your room." She looked at A-Li and moved to bow but A-Li bowed first. "A-Li, greets older cousin Feng Jiu." Feng Jiu sighed, disappointed with the formality.

"Aiya, A-Li. Why not you just call me Sister Jiu? We are family. You can treat me informally." she beamed down at him. A-Li relaxed in relief.

"Really?" he asked excitedly. Feng Jiu nodded in agreement. A-Li looked towards Bai Qian who smiled, her smile reaching her eyes though it didn't shine too much.

"A-Li. Do you want to go to the market? We can pick something for dinner. Gugu? Do you want to come?" the younger goddess asked. Bai Qian, feeling more at ease and needing some fresh air, agreed.

"Okay. Then, we must go now! I hear that there are new batches of fresh vegetables and some fish. From now on, we must eat healthy. Gugu, you must take care of your health." She said excitedly.

Together, A-Li, Bai Qian and Feng Jiu went outside the Fox Den and went to the market place. Picking out fresh harvest, and was greeted by the people, some congratulating their Queen for her pregnancy and greeting the Young Prince.

As night fell, the trio, well Feng Jiu, cooked food for dinner and A-Li helped Mi Gu prepare the table while Bai Qian, exhausted, slept inside her room.

The room was devoid of light except for a small flicker from a white scented candle, giving off a relaxing aroma. On the bed, Bai Qian shifted uneasily. Her eyes fluttered, her face in pain.

"Ye Hua...." she murmured.

She gripped the sheets.

"YE HUA!!"

She woke up, shooting up from the bed, realizing the scream came from her. Bai Qian, breathing deeply and holding her chest, sobbed.