Treat you better (9)

First I wanna say... 8 thousand reads!?  It's such a shitty book, This took me by surprise lol.

Shawn and I walked towards his car in a peaceful silence. Is this a date?, This is so fucking wrong on so many levels... do I want this?, don't be fucking daft of course you want this; look at him for Christ sake! I whipped my head up to obey the little voice in my head telling me to look at him, as I do my eyes lock with his, he was already staring at me.

"What?, is there something on my face" I bought my hand up to my face to wipe at the non existent substance.

"No, no it's just... your eyes" he said looking at each eye. I became a little self conscious from it, i had light blue eye and a purple eye; the doctors called it alexandria's genesis... I call it fucking weird. I bowed my head watching my feet hoping they would carry my quicker to the car.

"Wait, no I didn't mean it like you should be ashamed or anything, they are beautiful; it's just I have been meaning to ask- how the hell do you have a purple eye... how is that possible?" He shook his head chuckling at the last part.

"It's a mutation... called Alexandra's genesis, my Abuela  has it as well"

We had reached the car, but just as I was about to get in Shawn's hand beat mine to the handle, opening the door for me and signally me to hop in.

"My, lady" in the worst British accent I have ever heard.
"Why, kind sir" I replied as I slipped across into the black leather seat. Shawn smiled to himself before closing my door and quickly jogging around to his door. Once he was in and his seatbelt was adjusted we were ready to go... but where exactly?

"Alright, we have to go somewhere a little further away so no one knows it us, and it's only 4:30 so that's fine"

"So... do u have any clue, where we're gonna go?" I looked at him, one hand draped over the steering wheel the other against the back of my head rest as he watched the back of the back of the car reversing out of the car park.

"I have a little place in mind yes" he smirked at me.

We were now heading onto the highway. Shawn tapping his fingers to the beat of "shape of you" I started humming away... god I love this song. I started looking out the window watching the trees go past quicker and quicker as Shawn joined in on the humming.

The song changed to an unfamiliar one, so I shut up... still staring out the window till I felt a warm tingling sensation on my thigh, I whipped my head around to see Shawn's hand placed on my thigh, his eyes were still in the road but I could see him smirking. I liked the feeling of his hand there... scratch that I fucking loved it! What do I do though, I don't want to sit here like an idiot, I quickly grabbed his hands and intertwined our fingers, the heat from his palm immediately warning my whole body up.

"So... we have an hour, tell me your story, and I mean your whole story" he picked up my hand in his and was waving it around as he spoke... pointing his index finger at me.

"Well, I was born in a really small town called Camden like it's 100 people, It was me, my mum, dad and 8 siblings-"
"8!? Holy shit, I have one and I think that's bad"

I softly chuckled to myself as he ended his sentence with a light laugh.

"Yea, I have 4 older brothers; Dan and Matt who are twins they are 32, Sam is 26 and Lachlan who is my sister Beth's twin brother and they're 22 then there are my 4 older sisters; Daniella who is 21 Aimee she is 20, Beth...22 and Madison who is 25 ... and there's me."

I couldn't help but laugh at how confused he was.

"Confusing aye?"

"You can say that again, how the fuck do you remember that?"

"Hahahah, it's harder than it looks lol"

He gestured for me to continue with my life's story.

"But when I was 4 my dad passed away and I loved him so much... I was heart broken. So after he passed my brothers Matt and Dan moved away as well as my sisters Madison, Daniella and Aimee. They didn't move far though, except for Madison she came over here; but she completely wiped us... hasn't spoken to me since."

He looked at me sympathetically whilst squeezing my hand to reassure me.

"They moved cause they didn't approve of our mums new partner ... neither did I, I hated him as well; he was abusive and he turned my mum that way. He would come home drunk and bash me while my mum just laughed." I was tearing up just thinking about it.

"Hey, if you don't want to tell me, you don't have to I don't want you digging up the past just for me ok" he looked like he had guilt in his eyes. 

"No, no it's fine... so anyway, I I met Levi when I was in grade 9 I was 14 at the time he was 19 he had just finished school and so I told him about my parents and everything, and we became really close, and we formed a relationship, he had recently moved from here in the states because he got himself a job building boats in Australia so he was on great pay and everything; he bought me all these luxury gifts and treated me like a princess. When I was 16, Levi told me he was moving back to the states; I was devastated cause I thought he loved me... then he told me I was coming with him and that he bought us a house. So we moved here to California, I got a job at the funeral home and all was well until I got a phone call telling me my mother and her partner were in a car accident and didn't survive.  After that is  when he started being abusive, calling me names telling me I was worthless and ugly, fat and no other man would want me. I had no where to go back to in Australia so I put up with it. But one day god came through... there was a knock at the door, it was the police... Levi had been defrauding people, he was arrested and put in jail for 18 months enough time for me to get out of the relationship... the house was in my name so I kept it and now I'm here where I am."

I realised how much I had babbled on, I just poured my fucked  up story to this guy... he must think I'm a nutter. Omg wtf have I done.

"Sorry I have babbled on, omg you must think I'm so fucked up" I cupped my mouth, at my swearing, he just looked at me smiling.

"Well Jordan, i will never treat you like that, cause I can treat you better then he can"