Maybe soon (10)

We arrived in a little village, south of California... It was adorable. Shawn parked in front of a little Italian looking restaurant. It was two story, made of sandstone bricks with wrought iron balcony guards that were wrapped in vines and it was lit with warm light projected from the fairy lights hang around. It smelled faintly of garlic and basil as the sound of Italian opera faded through the background of all the chitter chatter of the customers.

"Wow... it's beautiful Shawn" I was looking around in awe.

"Yea, I have been coming here for a couple years... my family and I used to come to this restaurant when we were her on vacation" he said grabbing my hand and leading my to a woman holding menus, she was beautiful; long light brown hair in perfect ringlets, her skin was a golden olive colour with glowing green eyes and her heart shaped lips were smothered with red lipstick. She smiled at Shawn and I could tell she was admiring him like every other woman that sees him does. Back the fuck up bitch... I was jealous? But why¿, like I understand me and Shawn have shared some moments that students and teachers shouldn't share but he was still just my teacher.

Shawn must have seen the look of jealousy travel through me cause he grabbed my hand and squeezed in reassuringly, he has a habit of doing that. The pretty bitch guided us upstairs to our table, Shawn trailing behind her with my hand still in is grasp. We were sat at a gorgeous table over looking the whole village, it looked at felt as if we were in Italy itself.

"Shawn this is seriously a gorgeous place... thank you for bringing me here"

"I'm really glad you like it Jordan" we were sitting across from each other, Shawn's face was lit up dimly by the candle sitting between us, his white smile stretching across his face- god he was so fucking gorgeous.
We were interrupted when a large Italian man came to the table, he had grey slicked backed hair and the same skin as the girl who set us down, maybe he was her dad?. He had the largest smile hidden by his thick moustache.

"I'm Giorgio, Ciao i miei bei uccelli d'amore e l'accoglienza a The Vineyard can I get you two any drinks? " Shawn looked so confused I just laughed.

"Tu hai un bel ristorante qui" I returned, as I turned to Shawn I wink and he looked stunned.

"Ah... you speak Italian, you are beautiful-" he turned to Shawn laughing a little bit like santa I couldn't help but smile.

"You should marry her soon eh?" I laughed as Shawn turned a light shade of pink.

"Maybe soon" Shawn returned winking at me.
"Can I please get a whiskey on the rocks and Jordan?"
"I'll just have a water thanks"
Giorgio gave us our menus and a kind smile before leaving.
"Getting married are we" I looked at Shawn and we both started laughing.

"And you never told me you could speak Italian?" He raised an eyebrow at me like he was surprised.

"And I told you about the other three I speak either" I said with an exaggerated hair flip, acting cocky as he just laughed at me.

"Wait... are you serious, 5 languages?"

"Yea, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Greek and English - obviously" I laughed at the end.

"Wow... how did you learn all of those?"

"Well I learnt Spanish at home, because my family migrated from Canary Islands and my abuela and mother couldn't speak English... so we spoke that at home so it was easier for them. I learnt Italian because it was so close to Spanish and I travelled there quite frequently when I was younger. I learnt Japanese and Greek in school. Do you only speak English ? "

"Uh.. yes it's the only language I know fluently hahah, but I travelled a lot when I was 18 and picked up a little bit from a lot of languages."

"Oh ok cool, did you enjoy travelling... where was the best place you traveled?"

"I loved it... it was amazing to have that opportunity to see the world. Uh... i would have to say New Zealand, I thought it was amazing; but I just needed to settle down you know, It was so busy being in a different city nearly every week. I needed to slow down get a job, make some friendships that would last maybe meet a wife, have some kids"
"So what made you want to become a teacher?"
" I always loved teaching and helping people, and when I was younger I wanted to be a lawyer so that's why I wanted to become a legal studies teacher"
"Oh ok wo-" I was cut off by the pretty bitch placing our drinks in front of us, she was smiling at Shawn and he was smiling back... again I felt jealous.
"What can I get you?" She directed all her attention towards Shawn completely ignoring the fact I was even there. Me and Shawn were so caught up in our convocations we had completely neglected our menus.
"Oh sorry, can we just get a garlic bread to start and can we have another couple of minutes for the mains?" Shawn asked and she just rolled her eyes mumbling 'whatever' under her breath as she walked away.
"Well she is rude" I stated truthfully... well I wouldn't call her a fucking butch in the middle of the restaurant.
"Is she rude or a you just jealous that all she was taking a liking to me?" He was chuckling as he was cocking his eyebrow.
I sat there playfully rolling my eyes while shaking my head,
"Oh shut up Mendes, and look at your damn menu" he bowed his head laughing as he opened his menu as I did mine. Holy shit this place was so expensive... $30 dollars for a fucking pasta, was it cooked by the pope? What the fuck? Shawn must have seen my face and known what I was thinking.
"Jordan I'm paying... seriously don't worry" I just looked up at him and hesitantly nodded... it wasn't the fact I couldn't afford these types of meals but I knew he would want to pay and that makes me feel bad... there is no way I'm letting him pay.
"What are you thinking about getting?" I asked hoping his choice would help my decision.
"I'm either getting the mushroom penne or the spaghetti Marinara, what about you?" He looked up at me waiting for an answer.
"I think I'll get the gnocchi pesto" it was also the cheapest thing on the menu, it was $12 dollars as an entree on the specials board.
"That's just an entree Jordan, are you sure that's all you want? Please don't be getting it cause it's the cheapest thing on the menu"
Oops he's on to me haha

"No, no I'm not that hungry, plus I really like pesto"

"Ok"

We ordered and talked all night... the food was amazing and of course Shawn ended up fucking paying, I told him I would pay him back but he wouldn't listen, Shawn had 3 whiskeys he wasn't drunk or anything well maybe a little tipsy but he was still fit enough to drive.

We were driving for a while it was only 8 when we left the restaurant and it took an hour to drive, so it was now nine as we entered back on the highway that was 5 minutes from home. My window was cracked open a little bit and I let the air whip through my hair as I watched the city lights.

"Hey, considering it's only early, do you want to come back to mine and watch a movie or do you wanna go do something... if not that's completely fine to" he sounded nervous to ask.

"That sounds good Shawn, what
type of movie do you wanna watch?"

"Well I like horror I don't know about you but we can watch Insidious or something"

"Yes horror movies don't really faze me so that fine"

"Then it's settled, Insidious it is"
We sat the rest of the car ride in silence, not an awkward one just a nice comfortable silence as Shawn placed his hand in my thigh rubbing it up and down my leg, god I wish I could be like this forever.