Imagine || Obi-Wan Kenobi

requested by five_seconds_of_luke

//

Imagine walking in on Ben, your husband, singing to a tiny bundle in his arms.

You walked into the tiny home that you took refuge in with your husband. Your husband, Ben, a quiet, reserved man that moved to Tatooine only a year and a half ago, was facing a window.

You opened your lips to greet him when you heard soft whispers coming from him. You didn't dare take a step; you had never heard him sing before, and now he was singing to your newborn child.

As the song came to a close, he leaned forward and kissed the soft skin of the baby's head. You felt tears fill your eyes as the baby reached a tiny hand to grab at the red scruff on your husband's face.

You stepped forward and placed a hand on his back. He turned his head and smiled lovingly at you. Your other hand reached out to your child. You stroked his face with the back of your finger, bringing out a soft coo from his tiny lips. You leaned your head against Ben's shoulder.

"Good morning," you said softly.

He leaned his head against yours. "Mhm."

You didn't know much about his previous life, but you did know some. He was a Jedi, and only two years ago, something happened to his padawan. It destroyed him in every way. He sent himself to the sandy planet of Tatooine, where he planned to live alone, until he came across you.

You married soon after you met him. And now, you had just recently welcomed a baby into the world, and his life was filled with hope once again. Even with the rise of the Empire, there was a chance for a good life.