TLJ COUNTDOWN #3 Never Leave Me | Poe Dameron

i already posted this on my message board, but i'll be tagging all spoilers from tlj until mid january. if you want to request an imagine about tlj, please wait until the seventeenth (of December)! i'll have seen the movie twice by then :-)

requests are still open! (sequel characters only rn)

requested by Vfox123

//

It had started the minute you felt the death of your father.

It was as if the wind was knocked out of you. You were full of pain and disbelief; feeling the horror of your mother and the despair of your brother. You had collapsed right there on the ground, chest touching the top of your thighs, hands pressed to the cold ground, the sound of generals screaming your name as they stood confused, wondering why you had collapsed in the midst of silence.

You stayed there until you felt the warm hands of Poe against your bare arms. His words were loud and panicked, but seemed so far away. He pulled you off the ground.

"I need my mother," you managed to choke, unable to see through the tears in your eyes.

It was then that you realized it.

The Darkness was calling you.

                            ...

You did your part in the Rebellion until you couldn't stand it anymore. In the midst of their most crucial time, you left, packing your things and moving them off base, staying just close enough to visit your hurt mother.

But Poe wouldn't leave you alone.

He had no idea what you were going through, but he tried. He told you to ignore the voices, forget your brother, and live - but that was impossible. You and your brother were halves of the same; and he was stronger than you.

"I can't fight it if I stay," you told Poe one night. You had made dinner for him in your small home. "The more good I do for the Rebellion, the harder it is to ignore the voice-"

"Please," he said. He grabbed your hand. "I'm here for you."

You swallowed hard and shook your head. "No. And you should leave."

He left minutes later, leaving you alone. It didn't take long for the voices to come back, the voice of your lost brother whispering until it was taken over by an unknown shout of anger and hate. You didn't know who it belonged to, but it scared you.

You collapsed on the floor of your kitchen, head in your hands, scream of agony building up in your throat.

What was the point of fighting it any longer? It had taken your brother, taken your father. It threatened to consume the kind soul of your mother every day. If you just gave in -

"___! ___, look at me!" Arms wrapped around you, tilted you back. Your eyes snapped open to see the face of Poe as he shifted you in his arms, holding you to his chest. "___, you pay attention to me, got it?" He captured your hand and held it to his chest. "Hey. Hey. Listen to me. I'm here."

Tears trickled out of your eyes. You were vaguely aware of the destruction around you; the Force had rippled around you, destroying everything in your home.

"Don't leave me," you choked desperately, fingers curling against his vest.

He shook his head. "I will never."