Traitor (part two) | Finn

more finn but this time angst AND fluff

//

"___," Finn said. "___, hey. You... you g-gotta wake up for me, babe."

Finn felt his hands tighten into fists as you whimpered in pain. You tried to lift your head but couldn't. His heart squeezed. 

"___, hey. Hey. Please, please wake up." 

You lifted your head finally and peeled your swollen, teary eyes open. A grunt of pain left your lips. "Finn?"

"I'm here," he breathed out in relief. "I'm here. Are you okay?"

"No," you whimpered. 

"I know. I know, I- Force. I'm so sorry, babe. I am so sorry." He shook his head. "I swear... I swear I'll kill him, ___. I will kill him."

You just whined. "I want to go home, Finn."

"I know! I'm going to get us out of here, too. I am!" He leaned his head back and took a deep breath. It was only a matter of time before Kylo Ren came back and did Maker-knows-what to you. He closed his eyes tight and thought. 

Rey was in this situation before. 

Rey was here

(He missed her so much. He needed her right now...)

What did she do?

"Finn," you gasped, breathing still shallow. He looked at you. And you lifted your head all of the way, looking so pained and broken. "You can use the Force."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "I-I'm not-"

"You have that power, too," you said, "I know it."

He stared at you and nodded. He had to believe you. Taking in a deep breath, he turned his head and saw a stormtrooper standing in the doorway. 

"Hey you! Buckethead!"

The stormtrooper turned around, blaster in hand. He stomped over to him and Finn glared. "What do you want, traitor?"

Finn sucked in a deep breath. 

Then-

"I need you to remove my restraints," he said. "And leave the cell with the door open."

He leaned in. "You aren't a Jedi."

Finn clenched his jaw. "I said you will remove my restraints and leave the cell with the door open," he said. 

The stormtrooper flinched. Finn waited a single second and then the stormtrooper dropped his blaster and undid the restraints. "I will undo your restraints," he said, turning around on his heels, "and I will leave the cell with the door open."

Finn breathed out as his sore wrists were free. He rubbed them, feeling the slick warmth of blood on his fingers. 

"Oh! And you will put yourself in the trash compactor," he added. 

"And I will put myself in the trash compactor," he said, and he was gone.

Finn ran to you. Your eyes were closed again. He undid your restraints and your body fell forward. He caught you, tearing up as you fell limp in his arms. "___," he said, "___, I've got you. Lets get out of here, okay?"

"Home," you murmured. 

"Yeah, we'll go home. I love you, baby. You know that," he said. "I am so sorry this happened."

"I love you," is all you said.

Finn pressed his lips to the top of your head and then walked out, cradling you to his chest.

Out in the corridor, he looked both ways. Not too far away, he heard the voice of General Hux.

"What idiot puts himself in the trash compactor!"

Finn went the opposite way of the voice. A second later, he heard Kylo Ren. 

"Shut this place down!" he shouted. "That traitor did this. Shut this place down!"

A moment later, the lights flickered out until the bright white was replaced with only a few dim lights that went down the hallways. Finn turned around and looked behind him. He could hear footsteps. 

"Finn?" you whispered. 

He looked down at you and back up in front of him. Gulping down his fear and uncertainty, he ran. 

He couldn't find the ships when it was this dark. He could hear the sounds of stormtroopers storming every single one of the quarters. Kylo Ren was amongst them... it was only a matter of time before he found him and hurt you again-

No.

No.

"Finn, where are we going?" you asked. 

"You have to be quiet, baby," he breathed. "I'm so sorry - I'm so sorry-"

"Finn?"

Finn turned a right and found the ships. He nearly cried out in relief. Stumbling forward, he saw BB-8 rolling towards him. He hissed his name and the droid rolled after them, jolting to a stop and turning his head to look at what he was beeping for. 

On the ground was Rose. 

"Oh," he choked out. "No-"

BB-8 shook his head and lowered it. 

You stirred in his arms. 

"We have to go, buddy," he said. "___ needs us. She needs help." He heard stormtroopers coming closer. "Come on! To a ship!"

BB-8 rolled ahead and picked out a tie-fighter. Finn eased you inside and then followed suit. He put you on his lap in the only seat. 

Through the viewport, he could see Rose. His heart clenched as the thought of his friend - that friend he didn't have time to save. He shakily started the ship, feeling you move on his lap. He couldn't just give up - you needed him. You were still alive, and if you and Finn got out of there alive, Rose's death would mean something.

And the First Order would never touch you again.