May the 4th Be With You! | Finn

Here's how it's gonna go: For most of today, I'll be writing for the 4th, and those will just be the Resistance imagines. Then I'll work on Revenge of the 5th and I'll get in some villains. & yes, I realize not every villain is a sith, but it works better like that if I keep them in categories.

requested by leah1234567890

(I'm SO glad I got this request because there isn't enough Finn out there in the world and he is SO CUTE)
                           ...
Finn was quietly walking through base. He was planning in finding Poe before he left for his mission.

"Hey, Finn."

He turned his head at the sound of the voice that made his heart skip a beat every time. When his dark eyes met yours, he flashed a nervous smile for half a second.

"Hey."

You furrowed your eyebrows, eyes darting from the ships to him. "You're not going with them, are you?" you asked. "You're no pilot."

"What?" He looked at the ships. "Oh, no. I'm not going, no. I just came to say goodbye to Poe."

"Oh." You ducked your head and smiled. "Hey, I didn't mean anything by... you're not a pilot."

"No, I didn't think you did. I get it." He nodded.

"It's just that I would hate it if you were," you said, laughing, "because without you on base, I don't know what I would do."

He felt his blood burn under the skin of his cheeks. He smiled again and stared at you, relishing the pretty smile on your face. He felt his heart flutter.

"Well, I'm here to stay," he assured you.

"Good," you said. "Me, too. I'll see you around, Finn."

"See you."

He gave a half wave as you turned around and walked off. He watched you for a moment before going to find Poe.

His friend was about to get in the ship when he called his name. Poe saw him, grinned, and hopped off the side. He landed on his feet and opened his arms for a quick hug.

"Hey, buddy!" he said, a genuine smile on his face. "What's up?"

"I just came to say goodbye," he said.

"I'm glad you did," Poe said. He playfully hit Finn's shoulder. He noticed that Finn was distracted. He chuckled. "Is... something else going on?"

"Uh, no," Finn said, shaking his head. "No, no... I just... do you think ___ has a boyfriend?"

Poe raised his eyebrows and bit his bottom lip. "Not that I know of. Why? You like her?"

"Yeah." Finn smiled. "And I, uh, need your help."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," he replied. He licked his lips nervously and glanced around. "I, uh, I want... I want to ask ___ to be my girlfriend. But I don't know how to do it. I doubt she even likes me, but... wow, she's so pretty and nice and strong... I just really like her."

Poe smiled happily. "Of course I'll help you, buddy."

"You will?" Finn let out a breath of relief.

"Absolutely. And - while I don't know for sure - I'm pretty sure she likes you, too. She is always talking about you or looking for you."

Finn shook his head. "She talks to everyone."

"But mostly you," Poe said. He smiled. "Just ask her out. Just like that. Tell her that you really like her."

"That's it? You think she'll listen?"

"She'll listen to anything you have to say, Finn," Poe answered genuinely. He gave Finn a quick pat on his shoulder. "I've got to go. Good luck, buddy."

"Yeah, thanks," he said. "Take care, Poe."

Poe saluted his friend. "Always."

                            ...

You saw you after dinner. You were standing in front of a teal, holographic screen. A couple of rebels were at your side. You were using your finger to trace routes on a map. Finn didn't want to bother you, so he waited until you saw him.

"Hey, Finn," you said, finishing up your share of the work. He handed it over to the man at your left, then jogged over to Finn. "I didn't see you at dinner."

"I wasn't hungry," he explained.

"Oh. Well, I missed you. It sucks sitting alone. I mean, I wasn't alone, but it felt like I was. Anyway..."

His eyes warmed.

"What's up?"

"Not much," he said. He seemed nervous.

"You okay?" you asked.

"Yeah," he said quickly. "Yeah, yeah, I just... wanted to talk to you... in private."

"Okay," you said. You smiled. "Just let me wrap things over here up, and then I'll be right there."

"Sure," he said.

As he watched you walk over to the map again, he smiled. He no longer felt nervous. He knew, for the first time, that he could have a chance. A chance with you.