May the 4th Be With You! | Obi-Wan Kenobi

requested by Igotmadskills

Sorry for not updating this yesterday. I know it puts us really behind, but I was so sick yesterday that I couldn't really do much. But this is finally the last Resistance imagine! Now I get to work on my favorites - the villains. :-)

//

You were a wealthy princess. You spent all of your days inside of your palace walls, unwilling to face the harsh realities of the war. People were picking sides, but you could not bare the thought of joining one. It would drive the galaxy apart.

So you and your people remained closed off to the world for years after the start of the war. It stayed that way until you had grown used to being alone.

The only outside contact was the shared dreams you had with a man you did not know. His name was Ben. He said the Force had driven you two together, and although you figured it was ridiculous and just your loneliness making stuff up in your head, you found comfort it it. He had seen the war; lived part of it. He was glad you never had the chance to witness some of the terror.

And then, one day, as you were sitting next to him under a field of stars and moons, you felt something. It made you jump; sent cold blood down your veins. He looked at you in alarm.

"What is it?" he asked you.

"Something is wrong," you said urgently. You could hear screaming. "Something is wrong - something has happened!"

He reached for your hand. It was the first time he ever touched you. "Please, you need to wake up. You need to leave your planet."

"I have nowhere to go!" you yelled, and you were fading away. "Ben!"

You woke to the sound of screaming.

The Empire had made the decision to take over your planet. They had done it when your people were asleep - when your armies were unprepared. You felt everything slipping quickly from your control.

"Come, your highness," said one of your guards.

They took you to the back of the castle, where they had a ship waiting for you. However, as soon as it came into view, you witnessed it burst into flames, taking out half of your guards.

You were left with no choice but to escape on your own. You knew they would find you; they were tearing apart the palace and you had nowhere to go. There was nothing to escape on. You weren't sure if you wanted to, anyway. You had failed to protect your people.

As you ran to your gardens, you suddenly felt a hand wrap around your wrist. You felt another hand clamp over your mouth. You began to scream against it, fighting your way out of the hold.

"Princess!"

"Ben," you gasped against the hand. You turned around to see him. "You're real-"

"Of course I'm real," he whispered. "Now I need you to listen to me. I am getting you out of here, but you have to stay quiet and remain by my side."

Your eyes filled with tears. "And where will I go?"

"With me, to Tatooine," he said. "I will take care of you, Princess. I will protect you from the Empire. I believe the Force has brought us together."

You looked into his eyes. He seemed certain of what he was saying. You reached for his hand and nodded - realizing that you were willing to leave your past for him.

"Okay."