Chapter 15

Taehyung's pov

The voices rang through my mind, urging me to kill Namjoon. I was livid as Namjoon looked at me as if he knew everything but when he spoke he spoke while feigning ignorance. I could feel a change within me as the demon had begun to wake, reminding me of his presence. I knew I needed to leave before I snapped, leaving myself vulnerable as it would be easier for the beast to take over and to control my actions and words.

I was placing myself in danger by attending the meetings and events but I knew that if I did not attend I would be even more of a suspect. Suspicious behavior was not taken lightly, we were all expected to live our lives the same every day. The Nobles attended parties and controlled the city while the lower classes would live their lives providing for those of a higher class and serving them. The lower classes would also be expected to give their lives up for a noble as is demanded of them from the laws of our nation.

My eyes were stinging, a feeling that was terrifying as it felt as though my eyes were being ripped out of their sockets. I grabbed Eli's wrist and dragged her out of the conference room after I had excused us. Eli was still shaken at the news of her brother. Based on the research Jimin had done for me, I knew why she loathed the idea of her brother joining the rebellion but her fears were irrational. Eli held onto my arm as if she sensed my anger. Perhaps she thought that she could calm me down but if that was the case then she was wrong. Her scent and her appearance enticed the demon, bringing him even closer to the surface as he longed to taste her soul. The sleeve of her dress fell, exposing her shoulder which was decorated naturally with moles; they were beauty marks and made her so much more interesting as they took on the appearance of a constellation.

I looked away, annoyed and angered by the thoughts of the demon as he longed to taint her. I let go her arm and pushed her away. Eli fell to the ground, still uncomfortable with the feeling of walking in heals. She glared at me and stood up, dusting her dress off, she was over exaggerating the fall, but I humored her by laughing at her stubborn behavior.

We came to a stop before the main gates that stood, looming over us and warning anyone against entering without an invitation. The estate had been in my family for years. It was a gift to my father from his father. It would remain my father's for eternity as he had never stated that it would become mine. My father had loathed me in many ways, even more than he had Jimin. At first glance you would never think that. He showered me with wealth and took me to banquets, introduced me to hundreds of people, all of which I had to memorize every little detail of. He had been proud of me whenever I had won a fight or when I had discovered the village but he hated how deceitful he had made me and it consumed him with guilt as every day passed, reminding him that his son was nothing more than fake in many ways.

I stepped forward and unclipped the golden collar that sat around her neck; the golden collar had complimented her slightly tanned skin and highlighted her long neck. It truly was a spectacular sight and it made sense as to why the ancient nobles couldn't help but stare at her. Never had they seen a human so beautiful yet so plain in appearance and they envied that.

"I can sense your anger and distaste at having to wear this collar and although it looks beautiful on you, I will not force you to wear it for any longer than is necessary." I smirked as she tried to hide her blush, embarrassed by the meaningless compliment "I must go something urgent has come up. Jimin will see to you and you are not to leave his sight."