Chapter 39

"Rose?" Taehyung stuttered out in disbelief as he glanced at Eli's body. White irises met his unwavering gaze and I shuddered as they blazed with anger. Eli's demon possessed body leaned against the impenetrable cell bars; swaying as the demon struggled to control the human's seemingly fragile body. The candle lit hallway illuminated her enraged face and her bloody neck; coupled with the newly grown fangs which pierced her lip.

Rose gripped on to the wall, growling as what was left of her human heart demanded revenge. She scoffed; disgusted by the mouldy and metallic stenches which surrounded the room. The foul stenches reminded her of the reasons behind her murderous intent. Her host, Eli screamed within her lonely mind; begging for her body back as if she had forgotten her pleas for help not so long ago. Rose fought the human; crushing Eli's heart so as to paralyze her while Rose was in control of the demon-like body.

"No no." Eli begged, trapped within her own body and unable to move. She watched Taehyung from within the body that she had once had control over. His harrowing screams broke her as she fought for her body; pleading with the demon to leave Taehyung alone.

Taehyung sat on the floor, bleeding and gripping on to his throat to suppress his ravenous hunger. His sharpened claws dug into his skin, drawing blood as he fought to control his breathing. His eyes watered, clouding his vision as his eyes bore into the soul which had been left directly in front of him in the glass jar. He licked his dry lips as the affects of dehydration had begun to kick in, it had been days since he had eaten or had anything to drink and the soul lay before him with all its secrets bare; sweet and tempting to the beast who was a sinister side of Taehyung.

Rose growled, placing her hands over her ears to block out Taehyung's deafening screams. There was a battle occurring within him; a battle between a beast and a demon and yet it was evident that V was losing.

"Rose." V yelled within Taehyung's withering body, screaming for the person who he loved; screaming for mercy from the beast who was Taehyung.

Rose lifted her gaze, glaring in to Taehyung's apathetic eyes. She shivered, no longer recognizing the child who she had once cared about. She hissed at the sound of V's demon body decaying, burning away his flesh as if the flames of Hell were taking him home.

"Taehyung stop. You will regret it." V yelled out, fighting Taehyung within his mind.

"I need it" Taehyung growled, digging his beastlike claws into his stomach as he lurched forward, grabbing on to the barely living soul; devouring it as if his life depended on what was left of the long since dead human who the soul had belonged to.

Taehyung's messy blonde hair stuck to his sweaty fringe, slightly covering his blue eyes as he inhaled the metallic stench of blood which littered the room. He smirked finishing off the soul as he staggered to his feet.

"He's gone." Taehyung chuckled out, grinning madly at Rose as he removed his hands from his scarred stomach, wiping the blood which painted his clawed stomach on his arms.

Rose howled, charging at the boy who she had once seen as her brother before he had ripped her throat out and drained her of her humanity many years before.