Chapter 38

The demon hissed within me at the sight of my father; clothed in bloody robes with monstrous fangs and claws barred. The demon let out an animalistic growl; as if my father's evil appearance was enough to frighten a demon.

The demon gripped on to my mind, clutching it in fury as she fought to control me, she was so possessed by bloodlust that she wanted revenge far more than I did.

"I can help you but you need to trust me." The demon yelled, begging me to accept her presence.

"You never wanted to help me in the first place until I offered you my heart." I snapped, finding it difficult to trust her and I was unsure about her intentions.

"I didn't want to help you because I did not trust you." the demon remarked, growling in frustration and angered by the blade that was still against my neck.

I spoke to the demon through my mind, careful not to let anyone hear my thoughts "You had no reason not to trust me and how can you expect me to trust you." I glared at her, regretting my decision to summon the demon in the first place.

"I had every reason not to trust you." the demon grumbled and her anger arose, as if something was tormenting her. "Accept me as your demon and we can help each other." She begged, holding on to her pain as if her dark past had come to greet her.

I ignored her and focused on my surroundings; standing still as I was controlled by my fear and the uncertainty of how Jimin would act if I moved against his instructions.

My father held on to Taehyung, gripping his bloody nails in to Taehyung's sickly body ,which had not seen the sun in days, as he held him in a tight grasp. Taehyung violently thrashed about; fighting to be let free as his eyes blazed with anger and hatred. He was being held by the very man who had been the cause for most of his pain and torment and his demons wanted nothing more than bloodthirsty revenge.

"Move away from Eli." Taehyung growled staring in to my eyes with desperation. He was starved and broken; scarred with deep lacerations as if he was as brittle as ice and he craved the soul which they waved in front of him as if it was a prize.

Taehyung trembled and yelled with a shaky breath, clawing at my father as he fought to control himself. I knew that he feared what he was capable of and as V fought against the chemicals, Taehyung held little control over his actions and over his body. His eyes flashed, as if they held the very fires of Hell within him, angered and ravenous; Taehyung lost what little control he had.

Taehyung barred his fangs before biting on to my father's arm with the elongated fangs of a demon, drawing blood in anger and ripping flesh as he tried to break free from the powerful hold my father had. My father growled as he let go of Taehyung, gripping his bleeding arm as he licked his dark devilish blood, proud at the sight of the ink-like inhuman blood which coated his pale skin.

Taehyung charged at Jimin with bloody fangs, pushing him out of the way with inhuman strength as he growled. The blade sliced my neck ever so slightly as it slipped from Jimin's fingers; drawing a slither of blood which gashed out of the new wound. I gasped, moving my bruised hands which had been bloodied from the bars of the cell and I held it against my neck to wipe the blood away with the sleeve of my muddied shirt. I sunk to the cold floor, staring at the blade which had fallen to the ground once Jimin had lost his grip.