Chapter 18

I sunk to the ground beside Taehyung, gripping my shoulder tightly as it bled out. I shuffled closer towards him and I brushed his hair out of his eyes. Taehyung's fangs had disappeared, leaving his mouth covered in my blood. I looked away, a guilty feeling resided within me. I sighed and sat beside him, lacking the energy required to move. The blood from my shoulder stained the dress; I furiously brushed my arm against my face, hoping that it would get dark red liquid that painted my face.

I pulled my knees towards my body and wrapped my arms around myself. I stared at the mirror once more, disgusted by my bloodied and tear stained face. Nari's words repeated themselves over and over in my mind. "Keep him close to you because sometimes the only way to achieve what you desire is to deceive those who are stopping you."

I had taken her words into account and I had done just that to protect myself. I felt ashamed knowing that I had played on his weaknesses but it was a matter of life and death.

Taehyung stirred and he lay unmoving, staring at me. I stared into his eyes confused as to why they were still a fiery brown. I shuffled away anxious that the demon was once more before me.

Taehyung moved his eyes and frowned at my appearance filling me with a sense of calmness as I knew that it was really Taehyung who sat before me. He reached out and grabbed my hands, pulling me towards him. He caressed my cheek staring in shock at the bloodied mess that was my face. He said nothing but he stood up and pulled me up before leading me out of the room. He supported my weight as I was slightly weak from the blood loss. We said nothing. I was too afraid that my voice would come out shaky if I opened my mouth and Taehyung looked as if he was at war with himself. Anger radiated off of him and I could sense his thoughts of self loathing as he walked with his hands clenched into fists. We walked up the spiral staircase that seemed to go on forever. It was a staircase that I was forbidden from stepping on because it led to Taehyung's room. It was the one room that nobody dared to enter not even Jimin. Its locked doors were impenetrable, impossible to open without Taehyung present. It was the perfect hiding spot for the key to my freedom, the dagger which held great importance to those who held the power to help me escape.

He led me into his room. It was devoid of sunlight, sickening and cold despite the maroon curtains and silk sheets. A chandelier hung from the ceiling, large rubies hung from the chandelier and the light shone on them, providing the room with a red tint. The jet black walls were what made the room cold, it projected the feeling of helplessness, and a dark and cruel colour in the eyes of many but to me it was beautiful. The walls were lit as medieval candlesticks lined the walls much like the rest of the house but Taehyung's walls were covered with black and white sketches, each and everyone signed with his name. They were beautiful sketches of everything that held meaning to him as if the wall was a gallery that was just for him. It held what he was too afraid to show to those that he cared about. It was full of love and adoration but also pain and sorrow.

He led me to his bed and gestured for me to sit down. I reluctantly did so, slightly nervous as too what would happen. Taehyung disappeared into another room, one that was a part of his room. I stood up shakily and looked around hoping to see the dagger that everyone seemed to desire but the only dagger that could be seen was the one upon his wall, drawn so vividly, covered in blood and entangled in thorns with a rose at the hilt of the dagger. The rose was the only colour that could be seen on his black and white wall, it bled a blood red colour much similar to what his hair had looked like before he changed it.