Chapter 30

Taehyung's pov

I sat on the cold dismal floor, staring at the cracks in the ceiling, dreading the rain if and when it came. The window was barred as if it made a difference to the already small gap in the old stone wall that acted as a window. I ran my hands through my messy hair, longing for some familiarity.

They thought that the prison cell would affect me but none of them knew how pleasant the cold and dreary cell was compared to the cage I had spent a large part of my childhood in. I waited for the end, hoping that it would not be far away.

"Are you willing to do this?" the demon enquired seriously. I knew that despite his harsh way of showing it, he cared about me. He seemed solemn as if he knew he would not possess my body for much longer.

"Yes, it has to be done if I don't want that vision to be reality." I muttered, replaying the dream I had had of Eli's death "She is alive. As long as she stays away from me she will live."

"Visions are never set in stone." V spoke as if he was trying to change my mind.

"I am not willing to take that risk. From your vision it appeared as if I killed her. She is safer away from me and besides I have killed so many innocent people that I am starting to think that I deserve death." I spoke as I grabbed the leather jacket which Eli had worn so many weeks ago.

"You never chose to kill them."

"But a part of me did. You know that better than anyone as my demon. You know the pain of watching someone you love die. You watched Rose's death and there was nothing you could do." I took a deep breath as if to collect myself as I left my room, leaving the door unlocked as I hoped that Eli would perhaps return and take the drawings which held so much importance to me, "I could not live with myself if I killed Eli as well." I whispered in despair, knowing that the demon heard me as he seemed to mourn with me.

"I regret ever calling you weak. Taehyung you are far stronger than you may think and I will fight with you, giving you whatever strength I have so that you may live." V said as seemed to hold me and comfort me, not choosing to understand that I did not plan on living."

"I want you to promise me that you will not possess me, this needs to be done and you know that. You have lived for centuries and you have seen many things." I left the estate with one last look at the garden which held so much meaning to my mother. I plucked one of my mother's favourite flowers and held it close to me as I wished I had been a better son. "You need to promise me that you won't go with me as a demon. I want you there as my friend, comforting me and giving me courage."

"I promise." V promised reluctantly as he watched me take a step through the forest which held the best memories of my life. I smiled with appreciation as I placed the copy of Eli's favourite book on the forest floor. I walked away, refusing to turn back for the fear that I would stay.

"We have not seen Jimin lately." V informed as if he had assumed that I would not realize when my brother went missing.