Chapter 40

A sweet taste filled his mouth, metallic yet addictive as her blood mixed with her dull soul; it lacked the vibrancy that many other souls had possessed. A small part of what little conscience Taehyung had left, felt unimaginable guilt; knowing that he had been one of the main causes for her broken soul.

He growled, shaking his head as he deepened the wound, piercing his fangs in to the human's fragile skin. He held on to her neck as he crouched beside her, forcefully dragging her almost paralyzed body closer as he continued to drain her soul; knowing that her soul and her bittersweet memories would not belong to him unless he consumed all of her soul.

The beast smirked; blood running down his chin as he rested his head where the human's heart was; her heart moved slowly within her chest and although she was no more than another human to him, he could not bring himself to finish her. He lifted his head, moved his damp hair out of his eyes and licked the blood from around his lips at the sight of her body squirming in pain. He admired the bloody mess he had made and how he had tainted her soft skin with shades of red; dominated mainly by the fresh crimson blood which continued to flow from the punctures in her neck.

"Finish her Taehyung," a gruff remorseless voice boomed, echoing through the dimly lit room and bouncing off of the stone staircase as the man descended the stairs.

Taehyung's eyes darkened, shining through the deceitful contacts as he dropped the human's body. He shook his head, reluctantly following the orders of the man who had become the reason for most of his fears. Taehyung clawed at the human, biting in to her skin once more, addicted to the taste of her soul which fueled his bloodlust; working through his system as the other demon's blood mixed with the human's.

The human's eyes flickered open, as her body contorted. Rose stared at Taehyung's bloody face and she used her energy to move Eli's human hand, placing it on Taehyung's flushed cheeks. She choked out "Kill him." before her white irises faded out; leaving Eli's earthly eyes behind. Taehyung faltered as he seemed to fight the beast, gazing into Eli's eyes as if he was familiar with their warmth.

Eli shut her eyes, blocking out the light and the sight of Taehyung. She screamed out "Please take my heart. Kill me before he does," she begged the demon whose presence had begun to fade. Eli clung on to Rose pleading for Rose to take her heart and her soul before the man she loved did.

"Kill her," the man growled ambitiously, growing impatient. He had waited years for the ritual to be completed and every second delayed was a reminder that he was willing to sacrifice his daughter. "You know what happens if you don't follow my orders" he chuckled, pulling out a taser from his pocket as he raised it in front of Taehyung's monstrous eyes. The threat of electrocution frightened the beast within him; reminding him of the torture he had been through as a child. Like a loyal dog, Taehyung followed his orders, obeying the man's commands to kill.

He rested his head against the human's, breathing heavily as he sunk his fangs in to her wounded neck, continuing to drain her soul so that it would belong to him. His heart fluttered at the feeling of familiarity and warmth; as if the human's soul made him feel safe. He clung on to her body; savoring the safety her soul filled his heart with.

"I promised you my heart and my soul. Take it." Eli sobbed at the demon, knowing that she would soon meet her last breath, as if her human life was meaningless.