Chapter 28

Taehyung's pov

I gripped onto the edge of the leather couch to steady myself as I fell to the ground. I sat unmoving as the red liquor fell out of the clear glass, staining the floor with a mixture of alcohol and shards of glass.

"It had to be done." V spoke, as if he had become my mind. If I had had my way, my heart would have won the argument long ago.

"I know" I sighed at the wreck I had become, waiting for the voice of the demon to taunt me further.

I brought my hand up to my lips, sighing as our last kiss haunted me. I had kissed her as if I was showing her the words I would never say out loud, moving my lips hastily as if I was going to run out of time. I kissed her as if I was savouring her lips but I doubted she recognized it as a goodbye.

Eli's face of disgust haunted me, stained in my mind. I lashed out as I threw the folder of photographs to the other side, watching as they fell beside the red liquor.

"Why did you do it? Why" I questioned, frustrated by what the demon had done.

"Once she had found out the truth she wouldn't have wanted to stay. I was protecting both her and you." V spoke as if to console me.

"She could have..." I began sorrowfully "She could have surprised us." I gritted my teeth "she could have stayed."

"She didn't stay when she found out you were going to kill her brother. Why would she stay if she found out the rest of the story?" V convinced me and I believed him. It was true; she had no reason to stay.

"She wasn't meant to find out about her brother, at least not like she did. Why did you have to take over? Why couldn't you have left me to persuade her to stay?"

"Because nobody really gets to control their own life, you know that better than anyone. I took control because you were too weak to do so."

I sat in silence ignoring the demon as I gazed at the drawing I had done of Eli. A drop of salty liquid fell from my eye and I brushed it away, not wanting to show the demon that I really was weak.

"Crying doesn't make you weak" the demon spat out and I should have known that he knew me better than I knew myself. "It is your unwillingness to act that makes you so weak. You should have told her, but you didn't and you haven't."

"I couldn't tell her" I yelled frustrated as I threw one her dagger at the wall, gasping in regret as it stabbed the drawing I had done of her.

By keeping what you know from her, you placed her in danger. I had to make her leave so that she could live." He spoke as if he was blaming me for something.

"She was never in danger. I would have protected her."