Chapter 41

The blood-stained stone walls seemed to close around Taehyung as he fell, not having any energy to carry Eli's breathless body through the prison. His breathing quickened as he gripped on to the wall with his bloodied hand; holding on to Eli with the other.

He sighed, not finding it within himself to mourn because his heart had died when Eli's had gone quiet, fading as if she had been hanging from a thin thread.

Taehyung leaned his head against the uneven stone wall, inhaling the smell of the sickly smoke as he held on to Eli's cold arm. He winced at the sight of her bruised arms; disgusted by the purple marks and red cuts which he had been the cause of.

Taehyung ruffled his hair, appalled by how his hair seemed to stick together; dressed in sweat and dried blood but it did not bother him as much as the sight of Eli' singed and bloodied body. His clothes were still torn and bloodied and they barely covered his wounded torso, except for where the light fabric brushed against his cuts with a slight sting.

He placed his head on his scarred arms, hissing as his mutilated neck brushed the uneven skin of his right arm. His swollen eyes burned with sorrow as if the windows to his soul had been destroyed; as his soul had lost hope.

"Please," He stuttered out gripping her arm. "Please." He trembled, hastily pulling what was left of his tattered shirt off and laying it over Eli's bare shoulders. He rested her limp neck over his knee as he braced the cold of the prison. He shakily ran his finger over her mouth, acknowledging how dry they seemed as if the rest of her body had already begun to decay.

He hit his head against the jagged stone wall, trembling as he wrapped his body around Eli's after he had felt how cold she was. He clawed at his wounded neck as he held back sobs. "I took away her warmth," he sobbed to himself as he leaned over Eli.

"When had you grown so weak?" a hoarse voice called out from beside him and despite the melancholic darkness which had captured the room, Taehyung knew the voice of his brother anywhere.

"Perhaps it was when I was tortured as a child or when I found out that my own brother is a traitor." Taehyung whimpered, having lost the energy to pretend to be strong. He stood up, shaking as he battled to carry Eli. His legs wobbled as he stumbled towards Jimin's voice.

Jimin lay against the wall, with his wings half attached to his body, hanging from a small piece of flesh as his wings had nearly been ripped out of his back. The membrane of his bat like wings barely clung to the thin bones as they had been shredded when his back had violently hit the rough wall.

"Or perhaps it was when you did this," Taehyung spat as he brought Eli into Jimin's view. The light illuminated her limp body, seemingly igniting every laceration and bruise which had begun to form on her human body. Taehyung hastily turned his head, denying how bad her condition was.

"I never asked for her to suffer." Jimin stuttered as his hands pushed at the ground in the hopes of lifting himself up.

"You hurt her."Taehyung furiously stated as he stumbled to the ground before Jimin. He stared in to Jimin's familiar eyes, replaying how Jimin had held a blade to Eli's neck.

"But you killed her." Jimin spat out, trembling as his eyes vision clouded and tears of regret fell from his eyes. He knew he was guilty but he sat in shame; denying his guilt because it was much easier to live believing he was not to blame then to suffer knowing he had been guilty.

"She's still breathing." Taehyung muttered, fighting to make himself believe that she would greet him in the morning with a mug of coffee like she always had done and then they would spend the rest of the day in the forest.