Chapter 7: sacrifice

I faced many monsters before, but they aren't compared to what I'm looking directly at, a beast.
The beast I'm facing is horrid. He has two long black horns, his body covered in light brown fur, teeth that are sharp that it looks like a very sharp grinder, enormous hands, that are the size, maybe bigger, of my head, with very sharp claws that are sharp enough to gut an adult elephant open once, and huge feet that doesn't fit on any shoe. His eyes are sky blue like human. Those eyes seems so familiar but I can't tell how they are familiar.
"Do you wish to take your father's place?" The beast repeated.
"No!" Paul cried, "don't Percy!"
"Don't worry," I said, "I'll get help."
The beast roared in laughter.
"I don't think that's possible." The beast said. "One word about this to anyone I will kill him."
My jaw fell. This beast is getting on my nerves. I wish I could fight him but my fighting skills came from my demigod side, so just like my sword I'm pretty much useless right now.
"Don't Percy!" Paul cried. "Just leave me here. Just take care of your mother and sister."
I thought about it for a moment. Mom seems really happy to have a husband to love and live her lifetime while I was away in a quest or in camp. If I leave Paul here my Mom will only have my sister left since I have no choice but to accept the faith of a demigod by going on quest and training. I won't live long anyways because I might get killed from other monsters. It's better to lose one person that two.
I know what I have to do...
I slowly approach the beast, terrified and disgusted from his appearances.
"I'll be your prisoner forever if you let my dad go." I said confidently.
"No!" Paul cried.
The beast looked very surprised for at least a couple of seconds.
"Deal!" The beast growled.
The beast pushed me aside, letting me fall onto the floor, and he made his way to Paul's cell. He opened the cell and dragged Paul out of it. Once Paul was out the beast approached me and dragged me into the cell, locking me inside. Paul was covered in tears and blood.
"Percy, don't!" Paul said.
"I'm sorry." I said in a barely whisper.
The beast grabbed Paul by the collar and dragged Paul away.
"Don't hurt him!" I cried.
Soon enough they were gone. I didn't have a chance to say goodbye. I can never see my friends and family ever again. I'm now a prisoner forever. I lost my freedom completely.
I could feel tears swelling up. I usually don't cry emotionally but I couldn't help myself.
I curled up on the corner of the cell and cry in tears in the dark.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

(Jason/Beast POV)

I dragged Paul out of the castle and left him alone in the forest. I kind of pity him but he was afraid of me, so I'll be just that.
I made my way to the tower. Percy sacrificed his freedom and faced me, a horrible beast. I couldn't help but feel impressed. Percy was my best friend and he looked at me familiarly at my eyes, as if he remembers something but doesn't know. Still I felt really bad.
When I made it to the top Percy was curled up crying on the corner of his cell. I never seen him cry. I gelt really bad. I decided to make it up to him.
I opened the cell door and Percy jumped in surprise.
"I'll show you to your room." I said.
"My room?" Percy asked confusingly looking at me.
"You want to stay in the tower?" I growled.
"No."
"Then follow me."