Chapter 21: He gives me strength

PERCY"S POV

Me on his back, Philippe galloped as fast as he can. The rest of the gang is behind me. I could hear the horses panting, but we have to get to Jason fast before Gaston and his brothers kills him.

"Go faster, Philippe!" I told my horse.

"I'm running as fast as I can." Philippe told me. "Man, your heavy. What have you been eating?"

I rolled my eyes and chose to ignore that comment. 

As we rode faster, the castle came in view. When we halted by the gate, we could see Gaston's and his brother's horses by the front door. We're too late. We rode fast across the bridge and stopped midway when we saw Gaston's brothers running out screaming. They ran passed us and we could see the smallest, but not so small, brother's butt on fire. I have to restrain laughing, but I did chuckle. The servants came out with loud cheering. We could hear a roar above. We looked up and saw what made my mouth gaped. Gaston holding a dagger and walking towards a weak looking Jason on the roof.

"JASON!" I shouted..

Jason immediately opened his eyes and saw me down below. His blue eyes grew wide, giving that gorgeous sparkle, and he beamed brightly at me.

"LOOK OUT!" I shouted.

Before I could blink, Jason held Gaston's hands tightly as if they were going to wrestle and disappeared from sight. I turned to my parents and friends.

"You guys stay here." I said. "This is my fight."

"You are not-" Annabeth was cut off by my mother.

"You're right, Percy." Mom said. "Go."

The others nodded their approval. I turned to Annabeth. She sighed and nodded as well. I smiled at them as I got off my horse. And then I ran inside, trying to get to Jason up high.

JASON'S POV

I'm weak. I can't fight back. I was on the edge as I hear Gaston's footsteps coming closer. 

"What's the matter, monster?!" Gaston spat. "To kind and Gentle to fightback?"

I closed my eyes and waited for him to finish it. I'm ready to die.

"JASON!" I heard a shout down below that gave me back my strength.

I looked down and saw Percy and his parents and friends. My eyes widened and my mouth opened slightly. I could feel a smile growing on my face.

"Percy." I whispered.

"LOOK OUT!" Percy shouted.

In just a second, I held both of Gaston's wrists and threw Gaston sideways. He lets out a grunt as I jump in front of him, Percy disappearing from my sight. What was I thinking. I'm not ready to die, not when Percy came back for me.

And that's when I knew that Percy is my strength.